HTML Devicestring in Textbox with no scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    Not sure you can use the $SCRIPT variable multiple times in the same call? You could just use one text box for each temp?

Z
    Good idea, erm, how do I use a text box in a Marquee?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Yep - just tried it here and get the same thing. You might have found a bug that only allows one $SCRIPT command.
      Yip I think so, and thats a pain.

Thanks for trying it.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Just mark Marque function as True, but I would think 3 separate scrolling boxes would be hard on the eyeballs

Z

Comment

Just mark Marque function as True, but I would think 3 separate scrolling boxes would be hard on the eyeballs

Z
          Thanks for the suggestion, however, I think you have missed the point.

I would like a single scrolling ling reporting all the temperatures. I already have three static text box's.
          sigpic

Comment

Doesn't look like that's possible with the HStouch internal commands, seems it's only going to let you make one variable call at a time?
            It could be done with a script that builds the string for you perhaps using similar calls you already tried. Can't say I've tried to display the results of a call to a script, I'll have to check that out, sounds useful..
            Currently it's time for a Guinness FES though

Z
            Last edited by vasrc; July 17, 2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Yep - just tried it here and get the same thing. You might have found a bug that only allows one $SCRIPT command.
              Jeez that bug is so old I forgot about it, I put it in the old helpdesk before Bugzilla even existed and it is sitting in Bugzilla as bug #54 when I copied it across. I think it is the case none of the commands in square brackets can be used more than once.

I think I would be writing a script to do it personally...just to generate the line in a device string and status track it.

Comment

Doesn't look like that's possible with the HStouch internal commands, seems it's only going to let you make one variable call at a time?
                It could be done with a script that builds the string for you perhaps using similar calls you already tried. Can't say I've tried to display the results of a call to a script, I'll have to check that out, sounds useful..
                Currently it's time for a Guinness FES though

Z
                Yea, thanks, I think I am going to try that route using a virtual device to build the string.
                sigpic

Comment

Scrolling Screen

I just found this thread and find it a bit over my head. In Designer, is it possible to create a scrolling screen other than the very structured format offered by the List Box? I have a layout that I love, but need another row.
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
                  2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
                  300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
                  6 CT-100 tstats
                  Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
                  18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Working...
                  X