Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common button sets across configurations

Hello,

As I go through the creation of HSTouch screens I realize that I want consistency between an iPod, Android phone, etc. showing the same buttons on different device Configuration Files. I recognize Fonts may be different, but the controls I am using should be fairly generic. What I want is a single point to edit each button set for a device. Is it possible to have these linked so that changing one changes the others? Especially for changing the associated Actions and Status/Device Associations. I can see myself doing more with a button later and currently have 5 devices I would like to use these on as well as wanting to show a couple on multiple screens for the same device.

In the sample image I use a Button to control and label a toggled Homeseer Device and then an Image to show status of that item. The image also toggles the set value. I currently have a few of these and my wife really likes the simplicity of the idea. She knows where each thing is and has a button to turn it on or off. Some use the setting of a light switch or receptacle to show the On/Off status while others show the inverted status of a light sensor on a x10 motion sensor to show if the lights are on in a given location. This simplifies the display of the Status as I just use the Status Image of the Homeseer device.

So I am looking to have Objective items. Is it possible to I generate a library of small Objects? So the attached image would consist of two Objects shown on one screen. I wold then have the same Objects used in another Configuration File, which means it is used by a different Project, (Unless I can have different screen sets used from the same Project on different end unit devices.) So when I change the Action on the Object, it changes on all Screens where that Object is shown.

Sorry, but the 1 source side of me is just screaming foul if I have to generate a button set for each device I Deploy HSTouch screens on, or even if I show the same item in multiple screens on the same device/project.

Karl
    Attached Files
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Yes - you can do this by selecting the objects with Ctrl-click then click File -> "Save Selection as Custom Template" It will then show up in the Elements palette under the "Custom" tab.

Now, there were some versions of the designer that didnt honor the spacing/placement of the elements. You might have to play around some with the spacing after dragging it onto a new page.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

So then how would I change the Custom Weather5DayRSS item so that it uses the correct new API (See http://www.facebook.com/notes/world-...51128854963809) and be replaced in all the locations where it is used without having to manually put it back on each location?
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        So then how would I change the Custom Weather5DayRSS item so that it uses the correct new API (See http://www.facebook.com/notes/world-...51128854963809) and be replaced in all the locations where it is used without having to manually put it back on each location?
        I just edit the XML file directly (search/replace). You can copy the existing template to a new template and edit it if you want to keep the original.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          I just edit the XML file directly (search/replace). You can copy the existing template to a new template and edit it if you want to keep the original.
          But this only changes the template, correct? It doesn't change the instances placed previous to the change, correct?
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

Correct, you'll need to edit that actual "Project" if the templates already been included. A bit more sensitive of a task (ie make a backup of that project).

If you previously included the template, and it's not modified much, you can just delete it and include the new one again..

Z

Comment

Working...
            X