Let a Script Know Which Client is Running It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to send a broadcast message from a script only to the client instance that is executing the script. How do I tell the script who the Host:Instance is?

I could send the Host:Instance as a parameter to the script if there was a way for the client to know. Is there some predefined variable that I don't know about?

Take a look at this thread. I found post #17 to be quite helpful.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Mike,
      Thanks for the reply. The link you pointed me to will work for me once I figure out the log plugin to scan the log.

Its amazing how creative people get to overcome the shortcomings of the HS products. That message was written three years ago and there still has not been a predefined variable to provide this info within HsTouch. This seems like a minor effort to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

I suspect that there is much more that could be done than there is time to do it all. It's probably a constant struggle to select what will get attention and what will be left to the ingenuity of the HS community. This issue, though, was probably easy to ignore since it seems to be important to very few of us.

FWIW, I use UltraLog to monitor the log, but there are several choices, so it's worth doing some research before you settle on the one that works best for you.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
          Hi Mike,
          Thanks for the reply. The link you pointed me to will work for me once I figure out the log plugin to scan the log.

Its amazing how creative people get to overcome the shortcomings of the HS products. That message was written three years ago and there still has not been a predefined variable to provide this info within HsTouch. This seems like a minor effort to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
          This is but one issue you will find as you make advanced HSTouch screens. I have made this as well as several other workarounds for what should be easy fixes, if we could get HS to devote a bit of coding time for HSTouch. Between workarounds to make dynamic content work, and several buggy usability and feature bugs with the designer, it is almost enough to make one throw the towel in.

The team sent off HS2 in style in my opinion. They really spent some time to knock out a final stable release. Honestly, the last release of HS2 has been the most stable ever, at least for me. I have let it run over a month before, and everything works, except for some slowness sometimes with zwave, which I have another work around for. I would have preferred if they could have devoted a month to HSTouch in the same way, before the big push to get HS3 released. I myself submitted some bugs even, that were never fixed. Now they have a new bug tracker, and I suppose those are probably lost. I am hoping they will come back after HS3 is released, and address the topic.

Comment

Working...
          X