Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing images into the designer

Hi all

I am relatively new to HS touch designer . I am stuck on how to import an image from a folder that updates frequently . How do I display this in HS touch?

Cheers

Steve
    Steve

Please be very specific. what do you want to do?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
      I am stuck on how to import an image from a folder that updates frequently . How do I display this in HS touch?
      This thread may help (or not) depending on exactly what you want to do, but see especially post #20 and following.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for reply guys.

Yes, Uncle Micheal thats exactly what I want to do. I am trying to make a weather page using Jon00's weather script. I want to show the 5 day forecast image that his script genarates and puts in the device string. However, trying to display the image in the normal fashion does not work (show device image in status) I guess that the image is too big.

I am now using Jon00's HTML utility to "grab" and then dump the device string image into the html folder. I then point HS touch to this image file but this image updates in the html folder but not on the HS screen.

I followed the link that Uncle Micheal suggested and see that the last page contains a script in order to overcome this problem.

Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about scripting but what do I do with the script in order to get it work ?

Cheers

Steve
        Steve

Comment

Ok .

I think I got this updating. Is this correct ?

1 I pointed the script to the image that I want to display in HS touch.

2 I then saved it as a HTML file and dropped it into my web server folder

3 I then pointed the text element to this file .

Is this all correct ? or am I am I using a hammer to crack an egg .

I have set the pixel size for the image the same as the image size in the properties tab.

This shows the image the correct size and place when viewed in the designer. However, when I deploy it to the iPad the image size is incorrect .

How do I fix this ? I expected the image to be the same size as the blue area ( as displayed in the designer)

The blue color is I guess is the color of the background created by the script ???

Margins in the script etc are set to "0"

Here is what it looks like

I
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
            1 I pointed the script to the image that I want to display in HS touch.
            2 I then saved it as a HTML file and dropped it into my web server folder
            3 I then pointed the text element to this file .
            Is this all correct ? or am I am I using a hammer to crack an egg .
            Looks pretty close. And, yes it does seem like a lot of force to achieve a seemingly simple objective.

Just another example:
            where "http://192.168.1.z:nnnn/NYRad.gif" is the location of an updating image I want to keep current in my HSTouch display, and the text below is an HTML file in the HS HTML directory, which HSTouch Designer treats as the image file.

PHP Code:
            <html lang="en">
            <
            head><META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT=600></head>
            <
            body bgcolor="MidnightBlue" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
            <
            img src="http://192.168.1.z:nnnn/NYRad.gif" height="100%" width="100%"></img>
            </
            body>
            </
            html
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Uncle Michael

Thats great.

I will try it when the wife gets home from work with the ipad.
              It appears to be updating ok now, just the size was wrong. I have added the 100% bit to the script hoping that does the trick.

Will keep you posted. May be some delay as am in the UK

Cheers

Steve
              Steve

Comment

Thanks Uncle Michael I added the last bit of code as per your example and it works a treat .

I am still not sure if I still have to have the script that HStouch looks at residing in my web server folder but it updates fine. I tried locating it in the HS HTML folder but could not get it to work. I have a feeling that I may have had the file path wrong in HStouch element causing the problem.

Still, it appears to be working fine as it is.

Thanks again for you input, I was struggling on my own

Cheers Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Steve

Comment

Glad to hear it's working. I suspect you are correct about the path. All that counts is if the path points to the file.

Comment

Working...
                  X