Basic - changing image on button when pressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic - changing image on button when pressed

Really basic question that has probably been addressed out here ad naseum but I can't find it. When displaying a power button that has both a greyed out and colored version in the library, how do I have the colored (power on) version appeared when pressed?

I'm assuming it is triggered by some action when pressed, but I can't get it to work.

If someone could point me in the right direction to another thread, etc, that would be great.

Thanks!

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
    Really basic question that has probably been addressed out here ad naseum but I can't find it. When displaying a power button that has both a greyed out and colored version in the library, how do I have the colored (power on) version appeared when pressed?

I'm assuming it is triggered by some action when pressed, but I can't get it to work.

If someone could point me in the right direction to another thread, etc, that would be great.

Thanks!
    in the designer set the image when pressed param to the image you want.
    Attached Files
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

That's close, but I want that image to stay in the colored (on) version of the switch after the event is fired to turn on the device.

I know how to do this when a set of images is just a display, but how is it done when the display is also the switch that I'm pressing?

I've attached the two images I'm referring too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
        That's close, but I want that image to stay in the colored (on) version of the switch after the event is fired to turn on the device.

I know how to do this when a set of images is just a display, but how is it done when the display is also the switch that I'm pressing?

I've attached the two images I'm referring too.
        You now need to look at the status tracking option in the same element properties window. Drag an empty image element onto the page and click StatusTrackingNormal. Select your respective device and then press OK in the pop up window. Now you will get the StatusImages option open up. You now need to add two entries (at least, for on/off), click add then specify one image for on and the other for off. This image will then display on/off when the device is controlled.

Go back up into the top of the element properties window and change IgnorePresses to false. Then you end up with ActionsWhenReleased, in that option you can set an option to toggle that particular device (the same one you status tracked earlier).

You don't want to change the image when you press the button (you could if you wanted) as the device could be controlled outside of HSTouch and as such the button may not truly be what the devices status actually is.

I think that is what you are asking anyway, if not sorry

Comment

That worked guys. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X