HSTouch Android Client Release 1.0.52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Android Client Release 1.0.52

HSTouch client for Android version 1.0.52 is now available on the Play Store and the Amazon App Store.

Changes to this version:

* Bug fixes
    * username/pass has been moved to connection settings so they are independent for each connection
    * Added a 4th connection setting
    * Voice recognition is now available from phones and tablets (as long as it has a mic). This now works on the IWAC-7 inwall touch screen.
    * Single app supports Android 2.2 through to the latest (4.4).

You can also install from this link:

HSTouch Android Client 1.0.52
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Re: HSTouch Android Client Release 1.0.52

Great thanks but as you may know it is not switching from portrait to Landscape correctly, would it be on the next release?

Comment

That is a todo item, we wanted to get the default projects out and our projects do not support changing rotation. I assume you are talking about your projects?

Ideally, I would just support one orientation, there does not seem to be a benefit to allowing your project to rotate. The project will load faster if you only have half as many screens.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Great thanks but as you may know it is not switching from portrait to Landscape correctly, would it be on the next release?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        That is a todo item, we wanted to get the default projects out and our projects do not support changing rotation. I assume you are talking about your projects?

Ideally, I would just support one orientation, there does not seem to be a benefit to allowing your project to rotate. The project will load faster if you only have half as many screens.
        Still unable to keep the setting page open. Please solve this problem... I am using Galaxy S3.

Comment

Are you using the default project and pressing the 3 dots in the lower right corner?

Originally posted by cyf4746 View Post
          Still unable to keep the setting page open. Please solve this problem... I am using Galaxy S3.

Comment

Much better on my Android tablets. Will we ever see this run as a service?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
              Much better on my Android tablets. Will we ever see this run as a service?

With all the "chatter" that the app uses to communicate back to the HS Server I'm not sure you want this app to run as a service as it would drain your battery. But if you really want to keep HSTouch active simply do not exit the app on your device once you launch it.

Comment

At least give the option to the user like the Blade Control PI.

Comment

Originally posted by cyf4746 View Post
                  On my S3 the HSTouch app menu is in the normal place to the left of the button below the display screen, not on the screen itself.
                  Regards,
                  Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
                    At least give the option to the user like the Blade Control PI.

I agree. An option would be SOOO nice.

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    With all the "chatter" that the app uses to communicate back to the HS Server I'm not sure you want this app to run as a service as it would drain your battery. But if you really want to keep HSTouch active simply do not exit the app on your device once you launch it.
                    Hey Rupp,

Here is the thing, if the option is added, you wont have to make the code global. You can just let users decide. People who use this on phones generally just exit the app when they are done anyway. This service thing is really important to those who are using tablets, or battery powered devices. Desktop android screens like the ones you showed at CES seem to be less sensitive to shutdowns.

Secondly,

I am having a major issue with the "scaling" options. .35 shows my screen correctly but .52 does not scale them right. Even though I have the screen resolution set correctly, the background gets all stretchy and out of wack.
                    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I was hoping this release would fix the VR. I still get the "Error Initializing the Speech to Text Engine" when I try and start VR listening.

Comment

That error usually means the device does not support vr. Does the google voice search work?

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
                        I was hoping this release would fix the VR. I still get the "Error Initializing the Speech to Text Engine" when I try and start VR listening.

Comment

What is the screen size of your project and was the size of the background image?

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                          I agree. An option would be SOOO nice.

Hey Rupp,

Here is the thing, if the option is added, you wont have to make the code global. You can just let users decide. People who use this on phones generally just exit the app when they are done anyway. This service thing is really important to those who are using tablets, or battery powered devices. Desktop android screens like the ones you showed at CES seem to be less sensitive to shutdowns.

Secondly,

I am having a major issue with the "scaling" options. .35 shows my screen correctly but .52 does not scale them right. Even though I have the screen resolution set correctly, the background gets all stretchy and out of wack.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Are you using the default project and pressing the 3 dots in the lower right corner?
                            Yes. This is what I did. I can see that the pop up selection menu after I pressed the "3 dots" in the lower right corner. But, if i select the "settings". The setting page will pop up for only about 1 second, and then closes. Leaving a blue screen with Homeseer Logo at the center and these wording "V 1.0.52 m0->GT-I9300 H:1280 W:720" wordings on top of the screen.
                            I tried on other Galaxy S3 with this app, same problem.
                            Please help.

Regards,

YF Chin

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
                              On my S3 the HSTouch app menu is in the normal place to the left of the button below the display screen, not on the screen itself.
                              Hi Fuddy,
                              Is your S3 having problem with the setting page?

Regards,

YF Chin

Comment

Working...
                              X