Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screen rotation?

Hi all,
    I am using the default layout screen for Android. The tablet I have (Samsung Galaxy tab 3 lite) I am using as my touch screen console. I have found that the screen contrast is better if I turn the tablet upside down (viewing angle, looking down on the screen). My other apps have no problem but the HS touch screen will not rotate and hangs upside down. Is there any way to fix this? Not sure why the other apps will work at any rotation but this one won't. I'm using it in portrait mode. I'm using the most current Android version as I just downloaded it.

Thanks!

John

Does the tablet rotate on other apps? I't might be something in the settings of the tab.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

No. You're not doing anything wrong. It only will display in one position for me also.so I often end up using it upside-down.

It's pathetic
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
        Does the tablet rotate on other apps? I't might be something in the settings of the tab.
        No like I mentioned, the other apps do fine. For instance I also run Blue Iris on this tab, it runs happily in any rotation but boy not HStouch. It won't rotate at all.

Comment

Project Defaults

Check to make sure the Orientation is set correctly in the Project Defaults window under Tools --> Options.

Changing this fixed the same issue that I was having.

Comment

I have seen this same problem and could not fix it. All other apps will let you go landscape or portrait in either direction (4 axis), but HSTouch will only allow 2 axis.

I would like to be able to rotate it as well mainly because I have a couple pads that the power plug is on the wrong side for my needs and it would look a lot cleaner if I could put the device the way that I want to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              I have seen this same problem and could not fix it. All other apps will let you go landscape or portrait in either direction (4 axis), but HSTouch will only allow 2 axis.

I would like to be able to rotate it as well mainly because I have a couple pads that the power plug is on the wrong side for my needs and it would look a lot cleaner if I could put the device the way that I want to put it.
              Perfectly explained. I too have a tablet that needs the power to be on a certain side, everything else flips over just fine (android menus, other apps) but not HSTouch, while loading it's fine but once the 'screens' come up...everything is upside down.
              Bryan
              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I believe if design both landscape and portrait you can have both in one project - just have to add extension or something to landscape file screen name. Not exactly sure, but i have seen mention of it.

Comment

Just to be clear...

Hold your device with the camera to the left (landscape), load HSTouch. Everything looks fine. Close HSTouch and now hold device with the camera to the right (still landscape), load HSTouch. EVERYTHING IS UPSIDE DOWN.

Sad
                  Last edited by TechHA; February 20, 2016, 09:41 AM.
                  Bryan
                  Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                  Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

... since this seems like a similar discussion...

Latest (as of a week ago or whatever) Android client rotates as expected on my Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 8 units.

Shown here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180012

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                      ... since this seems like a similar discussion...

Latest (as of a week ago or whatever) Android client rotates as expected on my Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 8 units.

Shown here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180012

This isn't working for me either on my phone or tablet.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

That's why I posted pix. FWIW, this is running Android 5.0.1; but it's worked on these tablets on earlier versions - 4.something.

Comment

Same problem with android 4.4 - but workarround.

I had the same problem with android kitkat 4.4

Had also the power on the wrong site. Android turns fine but HS touch does not. Only the settings menu of HStouch rotate fine.
                          I tried this evening the app Ultimate Rotation Control (about 2 euro's)

Now it works fine. The view of HS touch is now the same as the android view.
                          I think its still a bug in HStouch, because the settingsmenu from HStouch rotates fine.
                          But for now it's a good work arround.
                          Last edited by Anjos; July 30, 2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

No updates in 2.5 years? I'm having the same problem (HSTouch won't rotate into the other landscape position) on a new Kindle Fire 8.

Comment

Originally posted by jayph View Post
                              No updates in 2.5 years? I'm having the same problem (HSTouch won't rotate into the other landscape position) on a new Kindle Fire 8.
                              I ended up having to mount my Kindle Fire 8 upside down, so that the display is right side up.

Got a mini-easel from a craft store. The wireless charging cradle also rests on that easel, and it is fairly easy to remove and replace the tablet.

Comment

Working...
                              X