Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3Touch 3.58 update bricked the app for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3Touch 3.58 update bricked the app for me.

I took an update for HS3Touch 3.58 and now all I see is this screenshot. I have HS3 Pro and the designer license. I use the base template as it meets my needs. How do I get past this screen and back to being able to use the app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same problem here!

Comment

rjh mine is slightly different - I don’t get that screen, however on my iPhone XS Max the screen no longer stretches to fill the display, and now only takes up a portion of the window. Screenshot attached...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
        I took an update for HS3Touch 3.58 and now all I see is this screenshot. I have HS3 Pro and the designer license. I use the base template as it meets my needs. How do I get past this screen and back to being able to use the app?

I have the same problem. I have HS3 Pro and I also use the default template. Designer license is included with HS3 Pro, right? (I used designer a long time ago to make changes for HS3Touch but stopped a while back). I've installed HomeSeer Mobile, but I wanted to keep HS3Touch while kinks are worked out of HomeSeer Mobile.

Comment

IOS same for me. My Android clients are not effected.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
            rjh mine is slightly different - I don’t get that screen, however on my iPhone XS Max the screen no longer stretches to fill the display, and now only takes up a portion of the window. Screenshot attached...
            The beta version of the client has been updated to take advantage of the better resolutions in the newer phones. Because of the changes they made, the old default project shows in the old resolution. They posted a little while back that they are working on an update to the default project so it will fit the screen.
            When I updated to this beta version it did the same thing to all of my custom screens so I had to update them as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I forgot to mention I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus.

Comment

I forgot to mention I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus.

Have you tried redeploying the project? Maybe uninstall the beta and install it fresh?

Plugin's:

Comment

Same here -- now have a tiny app on my iphone 8 Plus screen..... Hopefully I can revert to old version now using my Itunes backup copy.

Anyone from Homeseer checking these updates out before being pushed to Apple App Store ?

Comment

Installed in iPad. No issues.

—-
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                      Have you tried redeploying the project? Maybe uninstall the beta and install it fresh?
                      I use the default project, can it be redeployed? I don't beleive I'm using a beta version of HS3Touch. It updated through the normal iOS app store and not through TestFlight.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Installed in iPad. No issues.
                        The default project or a custom one?

Comment

The default project or a custom one?
                          Custom one

—-
                          John

Comment

I use the default project, can it be redeployed? I don't beleive I'm using a beta version of HS3Touch. It updated through the normal iOS app store and not through TestFlight.
                            My apologies, I assumed you were using the beta. You can deploy the default project, on my machine it’s named 320x480-portrait.xml or 320x568-portrait.xml However, I’m wondering if you would even be able to deploy because of the licensing issue. Maybe it might be best to delete the app from your phone and install it again. You will need to setup the login credentials again for MyHS.

Plugin's:

Comment

HomeSeer support came back and said use a custom project or use HSTouch. Here's my response if it answers any questions here on why I'm still trying to use HS3Touch and not HomeSeer Mobile.

"Good morning,
                              I do not use custom projects. I use, and am happy with, the default project for our home’s needs. I do not wish to use HSMobile in its current state. I would be happy to reconsider using it once it attains the same simplicity and ability to pivot between floors/rooms/devices HS3Touch. The current method of applying filters to getting to the device you want to control is too cumbersome. I don’t currently have a need or desire to spend time creating a dashboard. When I do use HS3Touch I’m opening it to quickly perform a task then closing it. HSMobile is not yet up to par for this type of usage. Our primary methods of device control in our home are HomeSeer events, Alexa, and HomeSeer physical switches.

Looking forward to hearing how I can resolve this and get unblocked."

Comment

Working...
                              X