HSTouch Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Authentication

Is anyone seeing the error message "Could not authenticate, check username and password in HSTouch settings" after upgrading to version 3.0.0.58? I've use HSTouch for years with no problems getting logged in and after this update, I haven't been able to use it? Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try to get things going again.

Thanks!
    Jerry

Did you identify a solution here? I am not able to access HSTouch either . . .

Comment

Same here - I'm sure there is a thread on it but I can't find it.

Comment

Well I did fix for my phone. Apparently using the latest HSTouch version the # character cannot be part of your password. And it needs changed in two places. Once at the web access and second in the system setup under the Network tab. Changing the # fixed for me.

Comment

Mine has never been changed. It is default - yet does not work.

Comment

bad - no matter what I do.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is in the HS3 log.
              Mar-13 7:49:40 AM Error Client login refused, bad username/pass, username requested was: default

So I have never added a user, changed any HS3 password - and now I'm going to have to try to fix this by changing passwords & ending up breaking something in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                This is in the HS3 log.
                Mar-13 7:49:40 AM Error Client login refused, bad username/pass, username requested was: default

So I have never added a user, changed any HS3 password - and now I'm going to have to try to fix this by changing passwords & ending up breaking something in the process.
                So now I have created a touch user with a password and it works. I must have missed this requirement in the notes somewhere.

Comment

Thank you for this post, I finally was able to log back in.

Comment

It's just wrong though... how hard could it have been to write some code in the app to make the transition from the way it was (working by the way) to how HS wants it to be in the future. Sometimes as a customer, I feel like a blind step child in the middle of a rain forest without a walking stick. I don't always spend time on the board reading every word to know that things are the same or different. The app itself could have been programmed to walk the user through the upgrade and keep the user going. A little bit of planning in this area could have gone a long way in keeping customers happy.

Comment

So now I have created a touch user with a password and it works. I must have missed this requirement in the notes somewhere.

Monk, does it matter what the username is and what permissions would I need to give it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post

Monk, does it matter what the username is and what permissions would I need to give it?
                        I entered a simple name for the account - like "touch" with a simple password. I made the permissions the same as default. Since I have no need for heightened security, I'm not concerned - this setup is local only. YMMV.

Thanks

Comment

I entered a simple name for the account - like "touch" with a simple password. I made the permissions the same as default. Since I have no need for heightened security, I'm not concerned - this setup is local only. YMMV.

Thanks
                          That did the trick... Thanks Monk!

Comment

So, a couple of months down the track - im still having this issue, and im not simplifying my MYHS password just to potentially solve this. I have android devices being used for HStouch as they have more options e.g. specify local connection parameters etc - i dont know why the iOS experience is so different i.e. it forces you to immediately log onto the myhs account. Surely we can just connect locally with iOS HSTouch?

Comment

Originally posted by voltier View Post
                              Surely we can just connect locally with iOS HSTouch?
                              This may seem obvious, but did you configure your local server settings in the Settings app > HS3Touch?

Comment

Working...
                              X