Issue trying to get Ipad to generate sound when button is pushed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue trying to get Ipad to generate sound when button is pushed

How are people getting a audible result from a button push. I can't get a wav file to fire when I press a button.

Thanks
    Don

I don't have an ipad/iphone to test on, but on android I do this and it works. I hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-12-01 14-25-48.png
Views:	104
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1343771

Comment

Yeah, same experience here. Just can't get the Ipad to play a wav file.
      Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
        Yeah, same experience here. Just can't get the Ipad to play a wav file.
        I have several different wav files playing on our iPads. Make sure that you save the wav file to the "sounds" folder or the file will not get deployed to the client. All of your files should be located "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\HSTouch\Skins\Default"
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Interesting. One would suspect that the Ipad directory would have a sounds sub directory, but not. I tried your suggestion but still had no luck. On a whim I grabbed another Ipad2 and loaded the project and got my desired sound. Go figure. Will have to delve into the Ipad mounted on the wall.

Thanks for your insight.
          Don

Comment

Don, do you maybe have the volume on the iPad too low or is it maybe in DND mode?
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
              Don, do you maybe have the volume on the iPad too low or is it maybe in DND mode?
              I had the ringer set off. Thanks for setting me on the right path.
              Don

Comment

Well, that depends on which version of IOS you have.... There should be a way of telling this from the ui. Do research of how to do this based on your version of IOS.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  Interesting. One would suspect that the Ipad directory would have a sounds sub directory, but not. I tried your suggestion but still had no luck. On a whim I grabbed another Ipad2 and loaded the project and got my desired sound. Go figure. Will have to delve into the Ipad mounted on the wall.

Thanks for your insight.
                  The sub directory is on the computer you are deploying from, not on the iPad. The sound file needs to be in the sounds folder on the computer you are deploying from so that it will be included when it is sent to your client (ipad).

If your project is working on a different iPad, I suspect when you selected your sound file Designer may have moved a copy of the sound file to the sound folder for you. It does this for icons that I’ve added as well.

I’m assuming from prior posts that it ended up being the volume was off on one iPad? Hope you have it all up and working now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Correct, the ringer was off.
                    Don

Comment

Working...
                    X