Upscale Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upscale Screen

Unfortunately, years ago when I designed my HSTouch screens I used a relative low resolution. It's not a problem on my Android (incl. Amazon Fire) devices. The screens automatically scale up very nicely. However, on my iPad it shows the original resolution with two very thick bars at the bottom and right. The actual HSTouch screens only use about 1/3 of the total iPad screen. Is there a way to have the HSTouch client scale the screen? If not is there something I can do on the iPad

Don't mix IOS projects with Android ones...

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPAD.png
Views:	176
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1501000

And this : https://www.promaticsindia.com/blog/...n-resolutions/

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman Thanks for the response. It was my understanding that the type just sets the default screen size/ratio. Is there something else going on?

In any case, I changed the type to iPad and then uploaded the project again to my iPad. Now the HSTouch screens are even smaller!! I hope you are not saying that I should have different project for Android devices and apple devices. I have like 30 screens in my project and I certainly don't feel like spending the huge amount of time creating another 30 screens and then every change I make I have to do twice. There has to be a better solution.

Comment

Just marked the old thread that you may wish to look at.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...touch-projects

Comment

OK,

There is this one as well : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...touch-projects

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            EmanI hope you are not saying that I should have different project for Android devices and apple devices. I have like 30 screens in my project and I certainly don't feel like spending the huge amount of time creating another 30 screens and then every change I make I have to do twice. There has to be a better solution.
            Like Eman said, mixing iOS & Android, especially with large projects is challenging.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but like you, I have close to 40 screens, some with close to 100 elements in them.

I was running both Android & iOS (and Windows too, but that's a whole other ball of wax), until my project grew to over 10 pages-ish. I can't even begin to guess how many hours I spent trying to come up with a solution that looked the way I needed on both, but to no avail.

After that, I maintained 2 separate projects: iOS & Android. That became REALLY cumbersome after the project grew to 10+ screens - like you said every single change became a challenge.

Eventually I gave up on iOS in favor of the much more flexible (and MUCH less expensive) Android clients. It's much more than just aspect ration/resolution: layering elements that worked as expected on Android would often yield strange/unpredictable results on iOS clients.

If there's a better solution, I'd like to hear it as well.

Comment

I do not have iOS tablets to check, but the "Scale Screens to fit Device" does not work on iOS? Of course that does require that your screen proportions are the same as the designed screen, else the screen will be stretched on one direction.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                I do not have iOS tablets to check, but the "Scale Screens to fit Device" does not work on iOS? Of course that does require that your screen proportions are the same as the designed screen, else the screen will be stretched on one direction.
                That true and it's more to do with resolutions and it's those same project defaults I was using for the iPAD mini that I use for the iPAD Pro

And one of my many questions I ever asked when this issue was doing my head in : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...84#post1240484

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

That true and it's more to do with resolutions and it's those same project defaults I was using for the iPAD mini that I use for the iPAD Pro

And one of my many questions I ever asked when this issue was doing my head in : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...84#post1240484

Eman.
                  Perhaps more accurately I should have stated screen ratios rather than saying proportions. Ratio is the width / height (for landscape). My tablets all have a ratio of 1.6 to 1 (my Tab 10's are 1920 by 1200, which is 1.6 to 1). So I make sure that the designer screens have that same ratio.

Comment

Working...
                  X