HS Touch on linux webpage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch on linux webpage problem

I'm triying to run hs touch linux client ver. 3.0.0.54 on raspberi pi with mono.
    The client works ok exept in opening webpages in it
    I'm trying to open a local hs webpage using the link in text and selecting IS HTML in desighner

but in hstouch client only a blank is displayed and in mono log it says

"in order to open webpages libgluezilla must be installed"

but I cannot install libgluezilla

HSTouch web pages in Linux have never worked, it was one of the limitations of the Linux client from the outset when it was first released. Sadly the Linux client has had limited development and Rich has often said that he didn't see the real need considering the cost of Android tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      HSTouch web pages in Linux have never worked, it was one of the limitations of the Linux client from the outset when it was first released. Sadly the Linux client has had limited development and Rich has often said that he didn't see the real need considering the cost of Android tablets.
      Following Riches logic I tried gluing an android tablet to my Linux mint desktop monitor but the results were less then stellar.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Where do I find a download of hstouch for Linux. I have searched and I cannot even find. I am also curious if the original poster has gotten any working raspberry pi based hstouch in any form or was this abandoned. I have tried installing different android distributions that work on the pi3 b+ but the performance sucks. wondering if we have any other options here

Comment

Think that you find hsouch client for Linux in the Designer package. Yes I'm running hstouch on Rpi with 15" Asus touch screen. It's responsive and okay. The client itself should have been more developed.

Comment

Way back here put my clients on a Windows server and used RDP on a Linux base to get to the server (Chumby's).

Never had had much luck though with using the current HS3 Homeseer Linux touch client.

Best client for me has been HS3 Windows client running on CE, XPe and W7e.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

lunkan Ahh ok, thanks for the information. I guess i should have figured that. I want to utilize the raspberry pi b3+ for this. I have tried different installs of android and they all provide a horrible user experience. Pete Do you have any information on installing W7e or even XPe on a raspberry pi?

Comment

Do you have any information on installing W7e or even XPe on a raspberry pi?

Tried both a lite version of XP and XPe using QEMU on the RPi2 and it was way too slow.

Will give this a try on the Rock64 / 4Gb computer whenever I get it.

Currently using a modded tabletop dual threaded Atom with 500Mb of memory which will run Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit and Android with stock EFI boot bios.

Originally came with 1Gb eMMC and ran a lite Linux flash based OS. Added a 16Gb IDE SSD for XPe running; another modification.

Modded the bios with Seabios (x86) and it will run XPe (fast), W7E, W7 (fast enough) and W8 (slow but functional).
                Also modded the NIC ROM with custom mac address and added an RTC clock to the Linux builds using bit banging.
                You can also modify it for an optical audio output if you want. Easy stuff.

The ones that I use have a zigbee chip and a DECT chip. All the DECT stuff is off the internet these days...well cannot find anything.

Here is a VNC picture of XPe that runs HSTouch. Have a few running Squeezeplay and KODI (a couple connected to Russound zoned amps as sources).

Note this was first sold around 2009 a bit ahead of its time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hstouchc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	1274362

Folks on the forum are using the RPi2-3 with LED touchscreen running Raspberian with mono and HS3 Touch and it works but is kludgy.

Many you try running Android on the RPi?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I tried running various versions i found of android onto the raspberry pi but it was cloogy too. Since i havent bought anything yet and was just testing out the Rpi3's that my girls use as kodi clients, i have been doing a bit of research. I think i have settled on Android as a platform because my wall mounted screens are all running android. Also there appears to be a greater audience so long term support is more likely.

For a platform i have been looking at the Odroid C2 and Odroid XU4. Both are relatively low 45-55 dollars for the base board and have some pretty impressive specs. They should run Android fine. I don't necessarily like the case options available nor the screen that the MFG sell, however it looks like there are support for larger better screens. Chalk Electric sells a few decent looking ones. In all for under 200 its not bad.

Thanks for the information on your experiences with running the Windows Embedded in various fashions. All that sounds like too much effort on my part. I am looking to standardize on a platform and eventually replace my aging wall mounted Nexus 7s. I really need something that has ethernet port and some descent horse power.

Comment

Working...
                  X