Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else still using the Windows Client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lhfarm
    replied
    I'm still using the Windows client and plan to do so for a long time. The Web interface just doesn't work for my family. My kitchen computer is the center of operations. Not sure where to send a note to HST.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    I have had ongoing discussions with HomeSeer Support (support@homeseer.com) for the past couple weeks regarding a couple of long-standing bugs that need to be fixed for a project I am working on. I've basically been told that the Windows client is obsolete and they don't plan to fix the bugs I have reported.

The support tech has repeatedly told me that the Windows client is "intended for testing purposes" and that I should be using the Android or iOS client because "HSTouch is intended for iOS and Android environments". Their suggestion for Windows access is "connecting to the web interface from find.homeseer.com or myhs.homeseer.com".

Is this really the case? Am I the only one still using the HSTouch Windows Client?
    I’ve let them know I’m using the Windows clients at several locations at our business as well as in my home. Not sure that the few that I operate will make any kind of difference to them or not. If the Windows client is where one would build the initial project and is supposed to be used for testing purposes, and the Windows client has the most bugs, how can it be used to test? Seems like it should work the best in the environment that we build, test and deploy it from.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    started a topic Is anyone else still using the Windows Client?

Is anyone else still using the Windows Client?

I have had ongoing discussions with HomeSeer Support (support@homeseer.com) for the past couple weeks regarding a couple of long-standing bugs that need to be fixed for a project I am working on. I've basically been told that the Windows client is obsolete and they don't plan to fix the bugs I have reported.

The support tech has repeatedly told me that the Windows client is "intended for testing purposes" and that I should be using the Android or iOS client because "HSTouch is intended for iOS and Android environments". Their suggestion for Windows access is "connecting to the web interface from find.homeseer.com or myhs.homeseer.com".

Is this really the case? Am I the only one still using the HSTouch Windows Client?
    Last edited by teladog01; October 18, 2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: Fix spelling errors
Working...
X