Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Pushing project update to Windows Client not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thanks to both of you for your persistence with this issue. Teladog01, how/where did you find the download link? One of the more frustrating aspects of Homeseer support is the difficulty in finding updates to their main products. This is just one example. I have often wondered why they can't be put in the updater and shown there like the plugins.

Thanks
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

This is incorrect.

And if someone at HST support said this then that is just another symptom and sign of the dysfunction within HST

Windows clients can be deployed to from Designer just like any other client. (They happen to also have the additional functionality to load a project by right clicking in the client and clicking on "Open" in the context menu.)

Edit: This observation made using Designer and Client v3.0.0.78, and HS3 Pro v 3.0.0.548
      Can you screenshot your Designer showing a Windows device as a option for deployment? I believe you, but I'd like to see what it looks like.

Comment

I just installed v78 and "Deploy" does appear. Haven't tried it yet, but at least its there.

Gary

Click image for larger version

Name:	uc?id=1zZ8iCs0b6pmxSR18fLwN2BKgII21433L.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1362388

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Can you screenshot your Designer showing a Windows device as a option for deployment? I believe you, but I'd like to see what it looks like.

The following screenshot shows my iPhone client and four Windows clients:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-14 11.22.32.png Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	1362694

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
            My thanks to both of you for your persistence with this issue. Teladog01, how/where did you find the download link? One of the more frustrating aspects of Homeseer support is the difficulty in finding updates to their main products. This is just one example. I have often wondered why they can't be put in the updater and shown there like the plugins.

Thanks
            Gary
            I found it just by changing the version number in the download link. I knew it had to be available since that is what I am running. I'm fairly certain I originally downloaded it from a forum titled "HS3Touch Beta Releases", but I cannot find that forum now. I guess it was a casualty of the forum reorganization a while back.

Comment

The following screenshot shows my iPhone client and four Windows clients:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-14 11.22.32.png Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	1362694
              Is one of the windows clients the machine you are working on?

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Is one of the windows clients the machine you are working on?
                No, none of those in the screenshot are the computer running Designer.

Did you update to .78? Looks like that may have been the fix for Kbevo

Comment

No, none of those in the screenshot are the computer running Designer.
                  So if you want to use the Windows client on the same machine as the Designer is on (to test your project for example), how do you deploy?

Comment

Technically, it is already deployed (when you save the project). To run the client you can select Tools, "Run Windows Client" (see the image in post #21).

Gary

Comment

Yep, what Gary said

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                        Technically, it is already deployed (when you save the project). To run the client you can select Tools, "Run Windows Client" (see the image in post #21).

Gary
                        Great! Didn't notice that before. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X