Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Win10 Client will not connect to Server 2012 R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win10 Client will not connect to Server 2012 R2

Hi!
    I have Homeseer3 running on server 2012 R2 and am trying to get a connection from my Win10 Client. I can ping the server and checked the connection successfully with netstat. I also created a new User with a simple PW in Homeseer to make sure that username and PW are definitely not wrong.
    HSTouch is not able to connect to the server, saying: "Unable to connect to the HomeSeer Server. Check your connection defaults from the Tools menu...."

Any Ideas what I could try?
    ;-)

Maybe this information helps as well:
    If I enter the HomeSeer Server-IP with port in the browser on the Win10 Client, it shows the Homeseer-page and I can control the server.

Comment

Might be a firewall issue configuration on the Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10 Touch client box.

Here almost all Linux these days except for the Homeseer Touch clients running on Embedded XP on my tabletop touchscreens with dual threaded Atom CPUs and 512Mb of RAM (and using 16Gb SSDs).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Most obvious reasons for failure are:
        • WINS/DNS conflict
        • Firewall/IPSec misconfiguration
        • Binding not set correct on adapter for HS3 or conflict with another daemon such as IIS
        Are you able to ping from server to client, and from client to server? Does a raw telnet connection from client to port 80 on server IP work? What does "netstat -ab" reveal on the server, and is any app listening to port 80? Can you connect to HS3 web on the server via http://localhost/, what about the IP? And then a dozen more steps you can do to narrow it down, such as verifying if perhaps IPv6 binding is taking priority. Wasted some time on that myself once, because ::1 and localhost don't play nice sometimes.

Comment

Hi,

here some more information.
          my HomeSeer HS3 runs on the IP 192.168.178.27 with Port 8080.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild1.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1334001
          The results of netstat -ab are in the netstat-ab.txt
          At localhost Port 80 there is another program running. It can´t be changed.

In the firewall on the server the rules are added.

Name:	Bild2.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1334002

Name:	Bild3.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1334003

From a Win10 client a telent on 192.168.178.27 8080 is working

Name:	Bild4.PNG
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1334004

Name:	Bild5.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1334005

If i start HSTouchDesigner i can´t get a connection. No matter, if i start the HSTouchDesigner from the Win10 Client or on the server.
          Bild 6, 7, 8

Name:	Bild6.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1334006

Name:	Bild7.PNG
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1334007

Attached Files

Comment

This is the netstat-ab.txt

Comment

8080 is your web server port. HSTouch uses a different port, 10200 is the default.

Comment

You need to open up port 10200 on the Windows Firewall.

Go to the firewall 'Advanced Settings', then set up as shown.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you soooo much!!
                  The connection from client to server works now and I have been able to deploy my settings on the smartphone.

The next problem I have is access without WLAN. As soon as I turn WLAN off at the smartphone, I get the message:"connection failed with server, check settings".

Comment

Originally posted by fagor View Post
                    The next problem I have is access without WLAN. As soon as I turn WLAN off at the smartphone, I get the message:"connection failed with server, check settings".
                    This sounds normal. If you turn off Wi-Fi, the phone no longer has a connection to your internal network, no?

Comment

No, this is not normal.
                      With my previous installation I was able to connect to my Homeseer from all arround the world. The problem is that I installed it about 5 years ago and I dont know how the configuration looked like.
                      It is also a little bit odd that the Smartphone-App needs 30 seconds to connect. I can remember verry well that it used to last only up to 5 seconds with the old server (win10).

Comment

Working...
                      X