HSTouch Client for Windows (10) no longer updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Client for Windows (10) no longer updating

New problem. Nothing that I know of has changed, except the only way to get HSTouch client for Windows to update is to exit and restart (happening on 2 different computers). Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. Thanks.

Version HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.18.0 (Windows)
    License Registered
    Confguration File C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
    In Virtual Machine
    No MFG: hewlett-packard
    Antivirus Windows Defender
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version 10.0.19042
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Look for errors that could have happened in the area marked in red especially if you updated HSTouch Designer or even after Windows Updates.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HSTouch Errors.png Views:	0 Size:	185.8 KB ID:	1489884

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using MalwareBytes, instead of Windows Defender. Nonetheless, there is nothing in the history for MalwareBytes related to HomeSeer.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using MalwareBytes, instead of Windows Defender. Nonetheless, there is nothing in the history for MalwareBytes related to HomeSeer.
        So was this an error (typo)

Antivirus Windows Defender
        OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
        OS Version 10.0.19042
        There is a new version of Designer (3.0.0.80), you may need to update the systems and reconnect to the server. (good connections assume that you are not using MyHS at home)

Eman.

Comment

Eman: Thanks for the response. Windows Defender is running on the computer that runs HS4. Could that affect updating on other computers and tablets? I now see that updating does not occur on any device, Windows or my android tablets. I am running the latest version (3.0.0.80) and I am connecting directly (not via MyHS). Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
            Eman: Thanks for the response. Windows Defender is running on the computer that runs HS4. Could that affect updating on other computers and tablets? I now see that updating does not occur on any device, Windows or my android tablets. I am running the latest version (3.0.0.80) and I am connecting directly (not via MyHS). Elliott
            Ok,

The way you explained it I thought that you were running Windows Clients...But you still have to reinitialise all you Systems because the Designer 3.0.0.80 is recent.
            • Go though all settings as if everything were new, by also redeploying your designs even when you have not done any changes to the design.
            • Set up static IPs and don't use MyHS but Local connection for the Designer and the stay at Home clients.
            • Go to the clients settings and configure the option to stop WiFi from Scanning for new connections but Keep awake (This is a bit tricky in IOS but the setting is there)
            • And also keep in mind of the compatibility of HomeSeer versions between their products because it makes no sense if you don't update everything, in case they made breaking changes...
            • HomeSeer as a must for best practices be on Wired Ethernet
            • And lastly occasionally reboot your router as with all the above apply (you would rarely have issues with a UniFi Network)

Eman.

Comment

Eman: Thank you! I will work on this on the weekend. Elliott

Comment

Working...
              X