Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move a button based on the status of a virtual switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post

Figures. You'll have to do the old "2 events" method. Have HStouch call the first event [with no conditions - which will always run] and the first event call the second event with your virtual device conditions and "Run only if other event conditions are TRUE" checked. That should do it.
    Yep. Managing this screen has generated a huge number of events. It's all working now though. Thanks for going through all of this with me. There are some good ideas here.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post

Yep. Managing this screen has generated a huge number of events. It's all working now though. Thanks for going through all of this with me. There are some good ideas here.
      Glad to help. Do you think it might be worthwhile for me to do a couple of "how-to" posts covering "how to show/hide a non-graphic button", "how to show/hide a graphic button", and "how to create a picture-frame status surround for a graphic button"? I haven't see those covered anywhere, but maybe I just missed them?
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post

Glad to help. Do you think it might be worthwhile for me to do a couple of "how-to" posts covering "how to show/hide a non-graphic button", "how to show/hide a graphic button", and "how to create a picture-frame status surround for a graphic button"? I haven't see those covered anywhere, but maybe I just missed them?
        Absolutely I think you should make a how-to thread. I wish we had more how-to threads for HS.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post

Absolutely I think you should make a how-to thread. I wish we had more how-to threads for HS.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            I do something similar but less "loop" driven and is dynamically triggered by a client connecting.

I have Jon00 log monitor set to monitor the Homeseer Log for "Client Android xx named CLIENTNAME has CONNECTED". This log match triggers an event that performs some client setup based on the client name.

The clients all have a screen named NotSeen screen that has a number of text elements, one of which is called varClient.
            When the event is triggered by a client connecting, the Display Text of varClient is set to the connecting clients name so now there is an element that is unique per client.
            Next another text element is set to Main to indicate that client is on the Main screen.
            A Homeseer device for each client has multiple Status text values that match the screen names. That is also set to Main.
            Every time a new screen is shown, the device is updated for which screen is displayed.

That way Homeseer know when every client is connected, and what screen the client is displaying dynamically.

would you mind providing a screenshot on the event/action which sets varClient and the one that dynamically changes the devices? Also could this be used to control a specific client from HS server based on which HStouch client has triggered an event?. If so can you provide an example/screenshot.

Just trying to assess the differences between this option and the Zipcode workaround to decide which way to go.

If someone has tried both feel free to comment.

Comment

Ok. Found this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...e-to-hs-script

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X