No announcement yet.

Check This Cool HS3Touch Project Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my own custom iPhone designer screens but looking to do an iPad similar to this. Question: What resolution did you set the design up for?

Really wish HS would update the app a little more to provide flexibility around screen/resolutions and designs.

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

Are you using an iPad or Android. Any suggestions or configurations on how you did the BlueIris stuff? opening the streams and launching the BI app?

great project!!!
      I used this guide:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...421#post985421

You will also need to change the secure keys option if you want to use authentication in the url string:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...34#post1251434

On android it is simple to launch another app:

IOS i haven't messed with it much.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
        I've had my own custom iPhone designer screens but looking to do an iPad similar to this. Question: What resolution did you set the design up for?

Really wish HS would update the app a little more to provide flexibility around screen/resolutions and designs.
        I currently use 8" fire tablets so I used their default resolution. However I just came into 3 ipad minis so I may start messing with them soon as the wall mount options are better.

Comment

How did you mount the fire tablets.... Looks clean with no power cable showing?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckatwar View Post

The RFXCom RFXtrx433E? For sure. At least it does for me!
            Bert (RFXCOM) won't sell the transceiver in the US because it hasn't been FCC tested. FYI. We sold his receiver for a number of years.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              How did you mount the fire tablets.... Looks clean with no power cable showing?
              I ran 12v lines to a 1 gang electrical box, then used a 12v to usb plugged into a wireless charger that is attached to a three gang blank wall plate. That wall plate also has magnets on the inside. The tablet has a wireless charger attached to the back and magnets to hold it in place.

The idea was to have a device you could take on/off the wall and use. However they just get left in place. I am toying with the idea of switching to ipads embedded directly into the wall as it is a even cleaner look.

Comment

Would the broadlink work? That seems to be the rage on Reddit lately

Comment

Originally posted by chuckatwar View Post

I ran 12v lines to a 1 gang electrical box, then used a 12v to usb plugged into a wireless charger that is attached to a three gang blank wall plate. That wall plate also has magnets on the inside. The tablet has a wireless charger attached to the back and magnets to hold it in place.

The idea was to have a device you could take on/off the wall and use. However they just get left in place. I am toying with the idea of switching to ipads embedded directly into the wall as it is a even cleaner look.
                  Thanks, I did something similar with my tablets but have the USB plug still poking out of the side. so I built a custom frame the end up hiding the USB plug. Just curious as I never found way to do a clean wireless solution, what tablet or using it how did you do wireless solution?

Comment

Just wanted to say, I came across your video the other night. It looks awesome. Thanks for posting that and giving a quick demo it. It made me stop and rethink my HSTouch design, it turns out simple might be better in this case.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Could someone please provide me with some starting point for creating a custom slider. There is zero documentation on this from what I can tell.

There seems to be no common sense way to do it in HS Touch Designer.

Comment

Great project!! I love the idea of being able to open the app straight from the the HSTouch. How did you make that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

Thanks, I did something similar with my tablets but have the USB plug still poking out of the side. so I built a custom frame the end up hiding the USB plug. Just curious as I never found way to do a clean wireless solution, what tablet or using it how did you do wireless solution?
                          I just got my second https://makesbymike.com/ frame for the Kindle 8". It's not a high-end frame (clearly 3D printed with all the little edges) but it has a neat solution to provide power. I looked into many solutions and I would definitely recommend this one.

Comment

Originally posted by otttech View Post
                            Could someone please provide me with some starting point for creating a custom slider. There is zero documentation on this from what I can tell.

There seems to be no common sense way to do it in HS Touch Designer.
                            1. Create a slider background image with Photoshop (or similar) image editor. Save it as a .png 24 image (alpha transparency format) and add the suffix "-background.png" to the filename. Example: MyFunkySlider-background.png. Let's pretend the image is 70px wide and 200px tall.
                            2. Create a slider control image (button) in the same format. the height is up to you but the width should match the background image width (70px in this case). Name this image MyFunkySlider-button.png
                            3. Place both of these images into the Sliders folder of the HSTouch skin of your choice: Example path: This PC/Documents/HSTouch/Default/Sliders/
                            4. Launch the Designer, select the "Default" skin and click on the Sliders tab. Your newly created slider should be there
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

I just got my second https://makesbymike.com/ frame for the Kindle 8". It's not a high-end frame (clearly 3D printed with all the little edges) but it has a neat solution to provide power. I looked into many solutions and I would definitely recommend this one.
                              I also have 3 of his frames. For Samsung Tab A 10.1 and Kindle 10. Good price and do their job. I would like to see about mounting them with magnets and wireless charging though. I currently have them all hardwired and mounted with Velcro. the Samsung A 10.1 have been great. the kindle are junk and I would not recommend.

Comment

Not sure if it will be a fit with the frames but the magnets I use are really strong and can be wall mounted with 3M tape or screws (I prefer the latter as tape can eventually fail):

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-mount-tablets
                                (I put a specific link there but they are available from multiple stores - just search with the same title / keywords)

Comment

Working...
                                X