Foscam Camera feed in HSTouch in Android Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam Camera feed in HSTouch in Android Project

I have an Android project I have been working on. I have a Foscam Camera that has been auto discovered by HS3. I am successfully viewing feed in HSMobile. I am using the latest beta version of Designer .71.

I placed an image element in a page and placed the url in the "Normal Image" property I also changed the property to "Is Video". Nothing showed in the image element. I deployed the project to both my Fire 8HE and my Galaxy S7. Neither shows any camera feed.

I went back into Designer and my project to the same page and added a text element to the screen and added the same url to the "Normal Image" property. An image from my camera with a current time stamp showed up in the designer page. I saved and deployed this revised version of my project to both devices. Neither showed an image.

I copied and pasted the url into a browser (Chrome) when remoted into a local computer on the same lan as the camera. I got a timestamped image from my camera in the browser window. So I know I am using the correct url.

When trying to access the image via my HSTouch project on either device I am connecting via the my.hs service. Because these devices aren't on the local LAN would that prevent the image from showing?

Also why when in designer does the image show in a text element but not in the image element?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

​Current Date/Time: 3/3/2019 10:35:18 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
    System Uptime: 20 Days 17 Hours 24 Minutes 18 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.5
    Number of Devices: 255
    Number of Events: 80
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    3.0.22.0: BLLock
    1.0.4.0: BLShutdown
    2.0.24.0: BLUPS
    3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
    2.0.3.1: JowiHue
    1.2.2.1: Life360
    3.1.0.13: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.6.8: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
    3.0.1.258: Z-Wave​​​​​​

Are you using your local lan ipaddress in the url or your wan forwarded ipaddress? Does it work if your remote to your sever.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I am using my local LAN ip address (192.168.x.x) in the url. I remote into my HS3 server via Teamviewer put the url in a chrome browser session started on the HS3 server and it successfully returned a timestamped image from my foscam camera.

When using designer I am connecting to the HS3 server via the my.hs service. When using my deployed project from either the Fire or Galaxy I am also accessing the HS3 server via the my.hs service.

Because when in designer (and because of the browser test above) a text element returned an image I am convinced I am using a correctly formatted and credentialed url.

What I don't understand is why in designer an image element doesn't exhibit the same behavior as the text element. Then why neither the text or image elements display an image in the deployed project.

Comment

An update to my original post. Got home and fired up both my Galaxy and my Fire connected to the HS3 server on my local lan with HSTouch clients. Still no images. That should eliminate a router/firewall issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X