HSTouch Android Drop Down List Does Track Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Android Drop Down List Does Track Status

I have a project, using HSTouch 3.0.75. Running the project on Widows the drop down list will show the correct status upon entering the screen. Using the drop down list will also allow you to control the devices with no issues. However deploying the screens to a Android phone or tablet the drop down list do not track status. You can control the drop down list and they will update the devices.

Any ideas? Screenshots and additional information below.

This is a screen in question running on Windows, the items in the red box are the drop down list and they show the correct status of the devices. If you change the device via the web interface or a different device, they update fine with no issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hst_windows.png
Views:	445
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1292769

This is the project with the screen in question running on an Android, the items in the red box are the drop down list and they do not show the correct status of the devices. If you change the device via the web interface or a different device, they do not reflect any change. If you exercise the drop down list on this screen it will operate the devices with no issues.

Name:	hst_android_s8_phone.png
Views:	335
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	1292770
    Billy

Any ideas, or is this broken for everyone? Should I post this in the HSTouch Android section?
    Billy

Comment

I've had the same problem. Eager to see if someone has a response.

Comment

I have never used drop down lists but I create pop up screens. But here goes : Create small screens with same properties of a normal screen (they pop up anywhere you choose/setup) and place your drop down lists on them. So upon pressing the desired button it calls another screen (with the drop down) top of the current screen. Then I have every button I touch close down all previous screens except the main screen as I go along as a good practice of tiding up.

Name:	IMG_20190329_181045.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1295874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190329_181128.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1295875

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I tried using drop down boxes (also on Android), but discovered so many problems I switched to list boxes (I had enough space).

One problem I have with drop down and list boxes is the background color will be what I specify the first time that screen is shown, the second time the background becomes transparent. And there is no highlight color. Are you seeing the same?

Touch Designer 3.0.56.

Comment

Based on the post by rjh , I sent this issue to support. Hopefully this will get it on the list.

See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-in-background
            Billy

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
              I tried using drop down boxes (also on Android), but discovered so many problems I switched to list boxes (I had enough space).

One problem I have with drop down and list boxes is the background color will be what I specify the first time that screen is shown, the second time the background becomes transparent. And there is no highlight color. Are you seeing the same?

Touch Designer 3.0.56.
              Yes I see this it picks up the background base color.
              HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
              Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
              Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Is there a workaround for this??

Comment

I wish there was. I know I gave up on it. If someone has found a way (other than using a separate screen on top), please post.

Comment

For anyone looking for a "workaround"... if it isn't obvious, the closest solution is to have touching an element bring up a smaller screen on top of the main screen which allows selection, then that screen closes after selection. That's about it. A lot off extra work and not nearly as elegant, but... it works. 🤷‍♀️

Comment

Working...
                    X