Designer / windows client problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designer / windows client problem

Was running 3.0.0.65 successfully but was seeing issues with some device statuses updating in the windows client so upgraded to .77 beta both designer and windows client. Client connects and seems to function but designer doesn't see it available for project deployment. Downgraded to current release version .73 and same problem. Designer .77 and .73 both see windows client .65 without a problem (although deployment throws some errors). All 3 see Android client. This is both local and MyHS connected clients.

Anyone else seeing this? I have a support ticket logged and will report back resolution.

In the meantime does anyone have designer 3.0.0.65 available to upload so I can downgrade to it? I only have .65 client saved.

Thanks.
    -Wade

With .75 on the same machine, I can deploy to the Windows Client.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Was able to download .67 from homeseer.com/downloads by changing the filename in the download link. Downgraded and it's working properly vis-a-vis deploying windows clients.
      -Wade

Comment

Running HSTouch Designer 3.0.72. Am on this version because of a system failure and had to buy a new table, and download and install from scratch. I was using a Surface Pro 4 but, the lithium battery started to expand so I was forced to replace the unit. I am on a Surface Pro 5 running Windows 10, version 1903. All of my HSTouch xml files and the supporting graphics are stored on my Onedrive account.

After resolving some path issues to cloud stored graphics, Designer was able to open and manage my xml projects. Then, with no changes to the system, the application (Designer) started to freeze with Windows displaying “not responding” at the top of the app. Hstouch client functions without error opening and running the same project files I am trying to update.

Please advise, where should I be looking or what action do you recommend.

Comment

Any response to the support ticket? I am having the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
            Any response to the support ticket? I am having the same issue.
            Nope. Went into a black hole and I gave up. Still using .67 client.
            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
              Running HSTouch Designer 3.0.72. Am on this version because of a system failure and had to buy a new table, and download and install from scratch. I was using a Surface Pro 4 but, the lithium battery started to expand so I was forced to replace the unit. I am on a Surface Pro 5 running Windows 10, version 1903. All of my HSTouch xml files and the supporting graphics are stored on my Onedrive account.

After resolving some path issues to cloud stored graphics, Designer was able to open and manage my xml projects. Then, with no changes to the system, the application (Designer) started to freeze with Windows displaying “not responding” at the top of the app. Hstouch client functions without error opening and running the same project files I am trying to update.

Please advise, where should I be looking or what action do you recommend.
              Any clues in the Windows event viewer?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just to lend my experience on the issue. I also can't deploy to the current version of HSTouch on Windows. My android and iOS clients show up as deployment targets just fine.

Comment

This seems to be the same issue as on this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...nt-not-working

I'm missing something obvious but I'm not sure where to download old versions of HSTouch. In truth, I'm not sure where to download HSTouch at all. I seem to have to install designer each time I want to get a copy of the client. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
                    I'm missing something obvious but I'm not sure where to download old versions of HSTouch. In truth, I'm not sure where to download HSTouch at all. I seem to have to install designer each time I want to get a copy of the client. Anyone have any suggestions?
                    Did you try to edit the version number in the download link as described in post #3?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      Did you try to edit the version number in the download link as described in post #3?
                      Yep. I'm trying a download from http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHSTouch_3_0_0_67.exe but just get an error. That seems like the right approach or have I messed it up?

Edit: Just realized what I was doing wrong. http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHSTouch_3_0_0_68.exe That was supposed to be a .68 not .67. We'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Comment

I can also confirm that downgrading to the above version has solved my deployment problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X