Transparent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent?

Wondering why transparent isn't really transparent??
    If I have a button placed, and place another button on top of the first with the top one as transparent, shouldn't the bottom button show through it?

The background does show through but not the button.

"Transparent" is a misnomer. It only lets the background show through.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

And that's the way it's supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
        And that's the way it's supposed to be?
        AFAIK, that is the way it was designed to work. Most users (I included) initially assume it works the way you did. So, I'd characterize it as a design limitation rather than a programming bug. Don't know if that answers your question, though.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks.
          I'll find a "workaround". A word I'm finding used very often on this forum.

Comment

So, could an administrator confirm that "Supports alpha blending image transparency" mean that transparency isn't really supported?
            See the attached image. I'm using thr ground plan to show placement of the different lights and a floor color to show the current temperature. But isn't pretty without transparency.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Udklip.PNG Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	1355111

Comment

Originally posted by TommyDK View Post
              So, could an administrator confirm that . . . transparency isn't really supported?
              Administrators don't normally read the Board, but in my opinion the answer is, "Yes" Transparency in the form you want is not supported.

Comment

I'm using a combination of the HS Touch default .png icons and a few semi-custom ones from flaticon.com with transparent background. It works pretty well.

-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  Administrators don't normally read the Board, but in my opinion the answer is, "Yes" Transparency in the form you want is not supported.
                  Seems like an admin once in a while participates in a thread :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	v2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1355154

Dont know what the difference is. All settings seem the same. But now transparancy seeems to work on some png/gifs.... I've checked and don't see any difference in setting. But the foot-steps clearle doesn't hide the underlining numbers. And the same with the light bulb in the top right - the bulb itself is a bit transparent which shows since you can see the fitures....

Comment

Working...
                  X