Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection problems causes Designer to freeze, corrupt project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection problems causes Designer to freeze, corrupt project.

I had an issue with a network cable not being fully seated that caused the connection for my laptop to drop. When that happened, HS3 Touch Designer froze and had to be force closed. This corrupted my project file. I was able to edit the XML and remove the offending lines and rescue the project.
    Later, from another location, I switched from a direct IP connection to MyHS to continue working on the project remotely. I get a pop-up message saying that Designer cannot connect to MyHS. I was able to connect via the web browser.

Today, I got back to the site and opened Designer. It could not connect to MyHS and had to be force closed. After I reopened, I was able to switch to a local IP for the Troller and connect.

I do have two Trollers at two locations linked with MyHS.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

EDIT: This has expanded into overall connection and freezing problems with Designer. My three clients and the web interface connect fine locally. Designer connection is intermittent, and when it doesn't work it freezes the application.

It appears I may have found the problem. I had specified a local IP address, user name, and password in the project defaults. Once I cleared these values, everything seems to be working nicely. Including MyHS. I had thought the project default connection information was for the clients. I did not know it was for Designer.

EDIT: I would still like to know about the application freezing and being force closed.

Comment

I had to force close the software again today. This time I was testing the relationship between the freezing and connection to the controller. Any time Designer cannot talk to the controller it freezes.

Comment

Working...
      X