How to Create a Custom Slider or Button in HS Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Create a Custom Slider or Button in HS Touch

Ok I'm either completely null in the head or this is way more complicated than it needs to be. I can't find any tutorials or documentation on creating custom sliders or buttons from scratch.

I know it's possible, I've seen many demos of working ones but no instruction how to create one.

Anybody?

Have you seen the HS YouTube channel?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWXJF2Gddg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b01MHvRCk4
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yes, I have... I figured it out but only by exploring. That video tells you how to customize but doesn't actually tell you how to make the slider itself. After lots of trial and error I realized it comes down to how you name your graphics and making sure they are in the Sliders folder for the Skin... Why it doesn't mention this anywhere in the Documentation or video is kinda ridiculous.

You don't actually create the slider, all you do is put two graphics in in the Sliders folder and name them like this:

mySlider-button.png
      mySlider-background.png

Change the mySlider part to whatever you want, as long as the two files match with a -button and -background your good. Hope this helps someone

Yes, it's very simple but how would anyone figure this out quickly, I spent hours looking for some kind of option or function to create one... Time well wasted.

Homeseer's documentation is terrible. It only explains high level stuff that is obvious, then they have other more complex features that are next to impossible to figure out.

I think we need to start a community Wiki seeing as how what Homeseer has provided is not helpful at all and that's kind of across the board for all their products. This forum is great, but a structured document would be nice so you don't have to search and interpret conversations constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by otttech View Post
        Homeseer's documentation is terrible. It only explains high level stuff that is obvious, then they have other more complex features that are next to impossible to figure out.
        I agree.

I think we need to start a community Wiki seeing as how what Homeseer has provided is not helpful at all and that's kind of across the board for all their products. This forum is great, but a structured document would be nice so you don't have to search and interpret conversations constantly.
        There actually was a project, now abandoned, to do just that. Unfortunately, despite the intensity of expressed interest, it did not gain enough support to be self-sustaining.

For now, this community is the primary resource.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You would think that a commercial product like HomeSeer would have proper documentation not a community wiki in the first place...

The documentation that does exist I would barely give a pass to an open source project.

Comment

I'm not here to defend HST and its policies, but for me the capabilities that HS provides is so far beyond what any other product offers, that I find it well worth the effort required to figure out how to make it do what I want. (I start from the point of view that I can make it do what I want, then focus on figuring out how. I find that if I make it a challenge, then the process of figuring out how to do it can be as entertaining - or more so - than the eventual success itself. )

Comment

Originally posted by otttech View Post

Change the mySlider part to whatever you want, as long as the two files match with a -button and -background your good. Hope this helps someone
              You've helped at least one person
              Thx from Montreal,

Comment

Working...
              X