Can't Create Progress Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Create Progress Bar

There's no way to associate a Progress Bar with a device, due to a bug that covers up all the options. Click image for larger version

Name:	Element.PNG
Views:	229
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1322320
    Attached Files

I'm not seeing that problem. I wonder what the difference is. I'm running 3.0.56 on Win 10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	progBar.PNG
Views:	254
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1322325
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I did find that if I click on one that I created years ago, the window is normal. But the data has to already be input in order to change it. If I try to create a new one, it is scrambled.
      I'm on Version 3.0.72

Comment

I am on HSTouch version 3.0.77 and the issue remains... unfortunately this issue has been reported on the board and to support and has yet to be resolved.

See this post for more information, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...oversized-text

We did discover a work around, but it is difficult at best and a real time waster...
        Billy

Comment

I use 3.0.77 and have not had this problem.
          That said, are you not able to copy the existing element to a new location/screen and edit it as necessary? Perhaps finally assign the new device.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Yes, thanks. I pulled a bar from another project and moved it to the current one. Not everyone will have this option though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

If you guys want these types of issues fixed you must put in a ticket at support@homeseer.com. The more reports the higher the bug moves up the queue.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                If you guys want these types of issues fixed you must put in a ticket at support@homeseer.com. The more reports the higher the bug moves up the queue.
                @Rupp,
                I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this response is wearing thin.
                If the problem is real, it will affect lots of people, regardless of how many report it!
                It's not about "you guys" wanting them fixed. HST should want them fixed...should expect them to be fixed...should not accept that they are not being fixed. "These types of issues" are not good for business.

While I recognize that it helps to have multiple reports of a problem and that it's difficult to justify an effort to verify without substantial evidence that it does, indeed, exist, it seems like a no-brainer that an easily tested problem that even three or four people have seen should be investigated internally and quickly fixed if verified. There are a growing number of head scratching bugs and inconsistencies in the UI that drive people, especially new users, crazy. I can't help but believe that they are a significant barrier keeping new users from getting beyond basic features to experience the full power of the system. It's also not difficult to imagine that they discourage some fraction from adopting the platform at all. It just seems short-sighted.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Mike,
                  I feel your pain but seriously Rich can only do so much and the developers simply do not have time to read this message board so the only way they are going to know the level of an issue is to report it. Yes it may not get worked but it will have a better chance.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X