Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch Designer essentially unusable - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiseSeer View Post
    Same problem. Tried setting connection info in project -- does not fix.

All static IP addresses on same subnet.
    Tried turning off firewall, still no fix.

HSTouch Designer on Windows 10 Version 1909; Homeseer: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux)
    Please fix or release HS4!
    Did you put in a help desk request? If not then do not expect the developers at HST to know about this issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I thought since this appeared to be not unique to me I wouldn't bother them with an individual report. I'll do as you recommend. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
        So, what I found out was that the HSTouch designer HAS to have access to the HA computer running HomeSeer. It checks the devices and things like that for the buttons. So if you are running HomeSeer on a computer (like my laptop -- I have not installed it yet at my home location) that gets a new Ip address from DHCP, then you have to update that address in the designer software. (Tools -> Connection) Defaults. HomeSeer has to be running and available. The designer does just stop working after about 5 seconds if this is not correct.
        Thank you so much for posting your solution. This was exactly my problem! The support team should work on a solution to this - in the very least, an error message would have been very helpful.

Comment

I was having the same issue and just figured this out yesterday as well. Had designer working on one computer, but would not work on my main desktop. Everything looked the same. fought for awhile and then realized I had a typo in the password. Everything works great. I think an error message instead of freezing would be a better solution.
          Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
          http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

There are many reasons why HS should have a fixed, unchanging local IP address. If HS documentation does not make that clear, it should. (Of course, HS documentation should do many things that it doesn't, but that is a different discussion.)
            I use address reservation in my router, but it is also possible to use a static address for the computer rather than have it request an address from DHCP.
            If you haven't done it yet, I strongly recommend that you do so.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
            X