Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch vs iOS Apps

Hi Everyone,

I am a HSPro 3 user, awaiting 4RC to come out. I have over 100 dimmers in my home, and when I look in the apps I have to scroll through the slim buttons in order to find the light switch I want. It would be good if I was able to separate the switches at least by room.

Is it possible to do this in the iOS apps that are out, or do I need to create interfaces in HSTouch Designer? If I need to use HSTouch Designer, is their any pre-created packages of screens I can buy from someone or somewhere?

Thanks,
    Gary

You can create multiple Dashboards in the official HomeSeer app and add whichever device widgets you like to each one. Or filter the full list. This is specific to the phone/tablet the app is installed on.

To create a second dashboard press the 3 dot menu them select New Dashboard.

I would give HSTouch a try if multiple dashboards is not acceptable and ask specific questions when you have such. It offers more flexibility and you can group items as you see fit.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by arextreme View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I am a HSPro 3 user, awaiting 4RC to come out. I have over 100 dimmers in my home, and when I look in the apps I have to scroll through the slim buttons in order to find the light switch I want. It would be good if I was able to separate the switches at least by room.

Is it possible to do this in the iOS apps that are out, or do I need to create interfaces in HSTouch Designer? If I need to use HSTouch Designer, is their any pre-created packages of screens I can buy from someone or somewhere?

Thanks,
      Gary
      If you are good with Photoshop and design knowledge and time to create your own HSTouch is a great tool. But if you want to invest in professional work done for you then go here : http://www.guifx.com/ That will cost a fortune but that said, if you can design then they do sell ICON and Elements packs which you can add to HSTouch to create cool designs and if you are really good can turn it into a business.

For budget designs you can use :https://www.getpaint.net/ but spend countless hours searching for free graphics

The ball is in your court!

Tip : the best home automated system is one which needs minimal input even with touch control use, the one button does all approach (less screens and buttons or sliders) to control scenes and hence "smart home"

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
      X