Help on how to use group box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on how to use group box?

A bit of cross thread posting, but i brought this up in another thread that was about a different topic, so hoping it gets more eyes here.

I'm trying to figure out how to use group box. My understanding was that you could open a new box and fill it with elements (like buttons, images, etc)... then save it (right click) as a template. At this point it shows up in the elements/custom tab.

so i try that;

I drug a new group box to the project and sized it (and colored it).
    I cut/paste 6 elements into it (on/off, dimmer, lamp graphic, etc).
    Right clicked and saved as "lampdimmertemplate".

I see it in the Elements/Custom tab.

Drag it onto the project, and all it get is the box, none of the included elements. What did i miss?

thanks.

Hi Tomgru, the behavior I described yesterday works as intended here so there is something else going on on your end;
    Designer tends to behave erratically at times so I suggest you install a 2nd copy on another computer and test it out.
    Worst case just deinstall/reinstall. had an issue last week where I couldn't drag elements from source to screen and reinstalling solved it.

Comment

group box works for me as well, it has been a while but I remember having some issues with this. If I remember right, you need to drag objects into the group. Cutting/pasting did not work for me. So past next to the group box and drag it inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDroid View Post
        group box works for me as well, it has been a while but I remember having some issues with this. If I remember right, you need to drag objects into the group. Cutting/pasting did not work for me. So past next to the group box and drag it inside.
        that was it. you have to create the group box first, then drag objects into it. I think i just created one around a bunch of elements... and then saved it. thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X