Toggle switch reset on event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle switch reset on event

I want to use a toggle switch to run an event... so it shows being turned on...

Then 2 minutes later, resets just the switch to off.

As an example... for my bedtime routine. Hit the on/off toggle - it slides to On and runs the bedtime event. 2 minutes later the switch returns to "off", but no additional actions in HS3 are taken.

I know i can do it with a virtual device, but is there a simpler way in Designer?

Thanks all!

I don't know anyway to do timers in HSTouch (anyone Bueller?) so I think having your event resetting a virtual device back to off after 2 minutes is your best bet.

Comment

i tried adding it via "actions when released"... in this case for my morning event. didnt' seem to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-17 190404.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1386336

Comment

I would do similar to John. Have a virtual device. The toggle/button in HSTouch tracks the virtual device. Then when you press the toggle/button on HSTouch you trigger an event on HS. That event will turn on the toggle, wait 2 minutes and then turn off the toggle. So this would require a virtual device and an event. I am not sure if you can do this without those two elements unless you use scripting.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          I would do similar to John. Have a virtual device. The toggle/button in HSTouch tracks the virtual device. Then when you press the toggle/button on HSTouch you trigger an event on HS. That event will turn on the toggle, wait 2 minutes and then turn off the toggle. So this would require a virtual device and an event. I am not sure if you can do this without those two elements unless you use scripting.
          yup... that's what i figured. Just seeing if there was a shortcut :-)

my way does work, but the switch never toggles. Will play with it a bit more.

Comment

Working...
          X