Event on which screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event on which screen

Is it possible somehow so that an event can action depending on which device a designer screen has active?

e.g.

If "client device" is on " screen x" then....

There's probably a way to do this that is much simpler.....

If you search the forum you'll find several strings discussing this topic. Personally I wouldn't use the forum search tools, but a google search with the syntax of

"topic or phrase" site:forums.homeseer.com

One way some people use is to create a virtual device with the screen names as the Value/Status pairs. For example 1 = Main, 2 = Cameras, 3 = Music, etc.

Then in the action editor when you have say a button that displays a new screen, add a second action that sets the HS Device to the screen being displayed.

This is easiest to perform when you have a project file per client, but it's possible to do with a generic project and multiple clients as well, but more of an advance topic. If you search the forums you'll find examples of solving that problem as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
      If you search the forum you'll find several strings discussing this topic. Personally I wouldn't use the forum search tools, but a google search with the syntax of

"topic or phrase" site:forums.homeseer.com

One way some people use is to create a virtual device with the screen names as the Value/Status pairs. For example 1 = Main, 2 = Cameras, 3 = Music, etc.

Then in the action editor when you have say a button that displays a new screen, add a second action that sets the HS Device to the screen being displayed.

This is easiest to perform when you have a project file per client, but it's possible to do with a generic project and multiple clients as well, but more of an advance topic. If you search the forums you'll find examples of solving that problem as well.
      Thanks . I did do a search but more on “ hstouch events logic “, “ designer screen identification “ . So not really the right thing .

Comment

Try hstouch client trigger screen event site:forums.homeseer.com, that should get you a couple of threads to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
          Try hstouch client trigger screen event site:forums.homeseer.com, that should get you a couple of threads to get started.
          Thanks 👍

Comment

I do this with my android tablets/phones. Last time we discussed it was in this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...er-client-user

Comment

Working...
            X