Transparent Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent Screen

Is there a way to make a screen transparent? When I do an action "Show another screen on top of the current screen" I want that new screen have a transparent background, i.e. in all places where I don't have objects I want the original screen to show up. I tried to set the background color to transparent but that doesn't work. I also set the background image to a png that has nothing but just full transparency. That didn't work either. Is there a way to achieve this?

I could not get that to work. And another problem with Android is that the top screen gets all of the action, the screens underneath do not accept any screen presses. They are locked out. It does work on Windows clients (and I believe on Apple tablets as well).

So I abandoned that way, and just use one screen at a time.

Comment

I don't even need buttons on the 'lower' screen to be accessible. What I am trying to do is a custom drop down list with graphics so I am designing a screen with the 'drop list' being expanded but I prefer not having to recreate the whole screen underneath. But from what you are saying that doesn't seem to work on Android. I guess I will just have to duplicate the screen. Annoying. Time for another feature request.

Comment

Don't hold your breath. I noted and complained about it over two years ago (June 2018).

Comment

Maybe it's time to submit the request in their new portal in case they didn't transfer the old requests into their new system. They won't do anything unless many users are asking for a particular feature.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            Is there a way to make a screen transparent? When I do an action "Show another screen on top of the current screen" I want that new screen have a transparent background, i.e. in all places where I don't have objects I want the original screen to show up. I tried to set the background color to transparent but that doesn't work. I also set the background image to a png that has nothing but just full transparency. That didn't work either. Is there a way to achieve this?
            You mean like this? Works on IOS Ipads. Not sure about other clients.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a nice screen. So what part is the screen 'below' and which parts belong to the screen on top?

Comment

mulu , it sounds like you're trying to put a "window" (or however to describe it) on top of the lower screen and have it look like it's /part/ of the lower screen - like a menu overlay might look? If so, that's already in there: change the size of the screen to whatever (smaller) size you want and then set the location of it. Create a new screen or select the one you want, select the screen itself (click on the background - not a button or other element), then look at the Screen Properties where Element Properties should be.

I have a Menu that pops up when pushing a button/element on the main screen. The main screen is the default project size (949x568) and set at 0,0. The "menu" screen is 140x480 with location 30,70.

Down side is (of course), that background elements don't update in Android. FTR, the buttons still work, it's just that nothing "updates" on those background screens.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I use a timer on the tablets to "return to main" after a while in case a user leaves the menu open (or other "on top" screen) because even the TIME doesn't update (HSTouch local variable) when there's another screen "on top."

Just another thought... Part of the reason I have the large clock on the main screen is to show the SECONDS which make it very clear whether the screen is updating or frozen - for any reason.

Comment

BTW... I really would like to post screens, but they look like CRAP in Windows in order to make them look good on Android. So only way to do it is screen capture the Android, store it and grab it. I'll try to be less lazy eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                    That's a nice screen. So what part is the screen 'below' and which parts belong to the screen on top?
                    The beach background and buttons on left are the Main screen. Each button calls up a screen on top of current screen and has background set to transparent. The Thermostat screen posted and the back button in lower right is all one screen that lays on top of main screen and is semi transparent so the beach scene shows through. Wife likes the beachy look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PNG image.png
Views:	192
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	1425958Click image for larger version

Name:	PNG image 2.png
Views:	189
Size:	377.2 KB
ID:	1425959 .

Comment

Here is what the security sensor screen looks like in the designer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	177
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	1425962

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to do when I came back from Main Lobby - menu with the child screen changing. Except that the Android client only updates the "active" screen - so either the clock is in sync or the security devices are in sync, but never both at the same time. That was compounded because I like to use the menu to indicate things as well - like Sprinklers turning green if it's on.

Unless you've found a work-around...

Comment

Working...
                        X