how to have a black screen with Fire tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to have a black screen with Fire tablet

In deploying to the Fire 10 HD I would like to have a blank main screen. Right now I have a black screen with the entire screen as a button so when you press it the screen loads the main screen. However at night there is still light coming from the edges of the screen. Has anyone come up with a better idea for screen blanking?

I do what you do with my blank Main screen, except that I have two large buttons, one that launches a screen saver "night clock", and the other that goes to my real main screen.

Some tablets will turn off the back light if the screen is completely black. Fire tablets do not seem to do this. So if the screen is going to be lit up anyway, I just launch the digital clock to show the time (and visible from across the room).

Fire 10 tablets do not have the screen saver capability implemented, but the "Night Clock" screen saver program runs as a normal program as well. Night Clock is not available in the Amazon store, but is from the Play store (which was sidle loaded onto my Fire tablet).

Comment

Thanks, Yes I use the Fire Toolbox to sideload Google also. I will try the Night Clock screen saver and see how that works.

Comment

I use Tasker to dim the screen nightly. Sadly, the Fire 10 HD doesn't have any auto-dimming (from what I can tell), so I send it a "dim" command at night through Tasker from HS and then "bright" command in the morning.

I prefer the other tablets I have that do solid auto-dimming; I'll be replacing the Fire shortly.

Comment

Working...
        X