Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control single lamp

Hi,
    could someone please point me to anwer to this dumb question: how to set up toggle (or on/off switch) for a single device?

I can set up events no problem. I already have rows of buttons that trigger HomeSeer events. But I stumbled at making a simplest button to control an individual lamp.

Thanks!

One of the options when you select "ActionsWhenPressed" (or "ActionsWhenReleased") is to control a HomeSeer device. If you choose that you will be able to select the device and the action: 'On', 'Off', or 'Toggle'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Device.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1470214
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you! I got that far before too.
      When I pick "control a HomeSeert Device", then under "Device" drop down I see all my devices, so far so good. But then when I pick particular device, the "Command" dropdown menu shows up but it's empty, no options are available. I tried to type the command manually, I typed either "On" or "Toggle" but it doesn't take - the typed in command disappears after I close and reopen the action settings window.

Is there something I'm missing in setting up the device properties in HomeSeer?

Comment

In HS: device-status graphics, "control use" must be set (on/off).

Comment

Which "control use"? I have it set to off, and on, but "not specified" for toggle. Should I change the toggle value to something else?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	287.8 KB ID:	1470285

Comment

You don't have to set "toggle" it is generated/handled by hstouch automatically.

Comment

So should I remove toggle from this list in device control?
              Or change anything else in this setting page?

Controlling all the devices works great directly from HomeSeer app, and I even got it to work with Tasker through webhooks via IFTTT.
              In HSTouch I get event control great too. Just single device control is not an option n HSTouch.

Comment

Create a virtual device with the same parameters and test it out in HStouch. At first glance all seems good with the device above but trying with another device will help pinpoint the issue.

Comment

I forgot, also ensure you press the "refresh" button in HStouch when you make changes in HS.

Comment

I got it.
                    I'm posting the reply here in case someone else has this problem and finds this thread.

To show up as controls in HSTouch, every On/Off or Toggle feature needs to have unique name.
                    On/Off "device" assigned to specific physical device still is called just RoomName On/Off device.

I had all devices set up under dummy name TestRoom, so only one on/off device was coming through in HSTouch, because all on/off's for my devices had identical name (roomname on/off).
                    I discovered that by accident, when I got sick of troubleshooting and decided o treat myself to naming some rooms and organizing in HomeSeer. After renaming rooms properly, I went back to deal with HSTouch and I saw that one On/Off device shows up for every room. Random one, sometimes a light bulb, sometimes a wall switch. That got me thinking about the names, and I renamed all On/Off devices with unique name. Now they are all showing up in HSTouch.

Here's the kicker: someone else had this problem recently and posted here. I couldn't find it because I didn't use the right keywords. The person before me arrived at the same solution. Here's the other thread, for the record, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...mand-available

Comment

This is clearly a bug - introduced by a change in the device design between HS3 and HS4. If you haven't, it would be helpful to submit a help ticket on this.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

OK! I will submit a ticket.

I'm so new to this platform that I always assume that if something doesn't work it's my fault.

Comment

Working...
                        X