Desperate for help getting started.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate for help getting started.

Ok, I consider myself somewhat of a bright person. I even have a degree in computer programming. But as far as understanding the HS Touch Designer, or even getting a basic screen to work - I'm absolutely stupid. I would be willing to pay someone to setup just a basic screen and a couple of sub menus for me to start with. Once I see a coded example I'll have no trouble adding on from there. Seriously, I will PAY for this. I've watched the tutorials but the only way I'm going to crack this is to start with a skeleton set of screens.

Thanks in advance!

You really don't need to do that. Give a simple example of what you would like to see and we can walk you through it. It isn't difficult, but with no documentation, it is quite mystical...
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

My advice - start simple and build up from there. Drag a button and get it working and work your way from there.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Once I see a coded example I'll have no trouble adding on from there.

Personally the configuration file for a HS Touchscreen is an XML file which makes less sense to me than the graphical interface in HS Touch.
        The references in the XML file are all very unique to each persons Homeseer build. That and I have not been able to edit the file much with an XML editor such that it is proprietary to Homeseer XML.

Load up an example design and work backwards from that or ...

Here is an Android example that is in your HS Designer director.....click on one of the buttons and just change the references to it ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Touchscreen Example.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	1482598

Create one screen with two buttons on it on the same computer you are running Homeseer Designer on.

One button to turn on a lamp nearby and one to exit Homeseer touch. Use the mouse to navigate the touch screen.

Personally here utilize tabletop touchscreens running embedded Windows and Microsoft SAPI.

Today run Homeseer Touch Designer on a Windows 2016 server (Lenova M93 Tiny), RDP to it via Linux for changes to Homeseer Touch designs. Same computer is used for UPB Upstart, HAI PCA, Hikvision Batch Configuration, et al.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

As stated above, you don't need to pay.

Designer is anything but intuitive, but once you get started you only have to deal with the quirkiness of the program. After that you're good to go

As Rupp said, just drag a button on to the screen. After you select that button, all the options are on the right side - you have the button control specific device(s), assign color, font, size attributes, etc.

Even if you were to pay someone here to design a screen for you, you will still need to go into Designer and assign devices on your HS3/HS4 system to the buttons.

Just jump in the water and there are lots of people here to help!

Comment

Create a plan (don't build from thoughts)
            • First get yourself a sketch book and draft some simple markup drawings with notes of what you imagine your setup should be and work for you and family.
            • Notes, notes and then some!... in other words rough work as reference that you keep going back to because in some cases you need to dial in some x,y coordinates for positioning the smaller screens
            • Now if I got you thinking...then go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...er#post1363901
            • Carefully sturdy that image I posted in that thread.
            • On progression go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...or-home-remote

And don't forget to backup, backup and then some...And to keep asking for more help...Once you get your first button controlling stuff, you will get hooked!

I hope that helps...

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X