This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
    Hey rjh - thanks for all the work on Designer, it's greatly appreciated!

Is it possible to add the ability to monitor what the clients are doing?

Possibly a request triggered by an event that in effect, pings the desired client(s). Ideally it would return the client name, current screen and battery level.

In reality, just receiving "yes, I'm awake and running" would be enough. This way we would know the app didn't hang or crash.
    Agreed.

rjh this is a symptom of people having issues with failing clients/connections. It has been mentioned a number of times but could you please add an option to start the client from scratch (IE:close any running or failed instances prior) instead of trying to reconnect.

I was hoping that the new version would be exempt from the connection issues but its not the case. Especially problematic when multitasking (cell phone) or when dealing with mesh networks / multiple AP's. It just doesn't work right... the only way to make this work is to kill existing instances and restart the client from the app icon.

With this new option I would set up an event to automatically restart all clients on a regular basis or based on the monitoring of the clients (jgreenberg request above or maybe some sentry option?)

I'm at the crossroads now and really need a way to resolve this if I am to continue using HS/HSTouch as this has become a WAF/user deal breaker.

again thank you for all the recent efforts to update the designer/client and make things right but I just ​​can't stand these messages anymore...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221208_093655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1579645

Let us know what you think, thanks Rich
    Yann

Comment

rjh
      1 - Any chance for animated Gifs to be supported in IOS? Radar is difficult without them, as what is weather without radar?
      2 - Audio on RTSP feeds ?
      3 - Provide Device list refresh (manual) so you don't have to restart Designer to see devices you just added?

Thanks​

Comment

Curious. Has there been any work toward fixing complex sliders? I think the problem is in Designer, but I suppose it is possible that the existing instructions (Youtube Video) are no longer correct.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          rjh

3 - Provide Device list refresh (manual) so you don't have to restart Designer to see devices you just added?
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
            rjh

Thanks​
            Pressing refresh works for me:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	121
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1579881

Comment

Perfect, I was using View -> Refresh..
              One down, only a couple more left

Tnx

Comment