HS4Touch Refresh Preview V 3.0.0.101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

Of course I've tried it. HS4TouchDesigner successfully deployed projects to a Samsung S21 Ultra smartphone, gen 9 & 10 Fire HD tablets, LD Player (android emulator running on Win 10), and an off-brand 14" Android tablet.

The new HSTouch client works at least as well as the current one with the exception of displaying web pages unless I am running on Android 7, web pages show properly on that one.

My projects also have some serious layering going on, have 40 screens, some with 150+ elements on them, and everything displays as it should.

So yeah, I tried it. And for a version that isn't even Beta yet... it exceeded expectations for me.

As always, YMMV
    No, again, have you tried the new features?? Other than them it's basically the same as the old HSTouch.

Have you tried the new windows client? Try moving it around if you did.

Can't get a gif to work on here but if you try it, the screen shakes around all over the place.
    Kinda freaky to see 😁, But as I said pages ago, this version is basically unusable.

BTW, I think this only happens on a screen with the new features on it.

Here ya go:
    https://imgur.com/JSNgIH7

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

No, again, have you tried the new features?? Other than them it's basically the same as the old HSTouch.

Have you tried the new windows client? Try moving it around if you did.

Can't get a gif to work on here but if you try it, the screen shakes around all over the place.
      Kinda freaky to see 😁, But as I said pages ago, this version is basically unusable.

BTW, I think this only happens on a screen with the new features on it.

Here ya go:
      https://imgur.com/JSNgIH7
      Yeah, that was freaky. And that imgur recording is useful - I have to figure out how to use that.

Which new feature do want me to test - I will test it?

Full disclosure though, the windows client has NEVER worked for me - layering has complete FUBAR, GIFs don't work, screens are wonky. I gave up on Windows a loooong time ago.

That's why I use LDPlayer on windows - it simply works regardless of what I throw at it. It's way more reliable than even the Fire HD tablets I use of any flavor/generation.

Comment

Thanks but no need to test. Rich already said he has a fix coming, just hasn't released it yet.

Comment

Testing via RDP on Windows 2016 Standard Server

Homeseer 4 V 4.2.14.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.

Worked here. It was the settings in the firewall. Found a dot net testing program with worked and indicated that dot net 4.8 was already installed.

Running the Homeseer Touch client that is included on same said computer. Testing basics.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post

I have the HS4touch designer running on a separate Windows 11 machine. No Connection issues when connecting to my HS4 pro Windows 11 server running 4.2.14.0 (Did you check your windows firewall?)
            Running the HS4 Designer on the HS4 server also no connection problems.

There are issues with the New features of course. Issues with the Windows and Android I have reported to Rich. Some of the Client issues he has solved already and will be in the next release,
            Keep in mind that this is a Preview Beta. Can only be better when we test and report here.
            Yes I did check my firewall. Honestly though this should be handled by the installer. Or at the very least there should be a doc that explains exactly what needs to be done with the firewall if it needs to be manually changed. I am a sys admin by trade so working with firewalls is what I do for a living, but not everyone is going to be comfortable doing so.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

rjh
              Waiting patiently but any idea when the update will be released?

Comment

We are testing a build, should have it posted tomorrow (Mon).

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                rjh
                Waiting patiently but any idea when the update will be released?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  We are testing a build, should have it posted tomorrow (Mon).

Looking forward to test. However, I like to test this in combination with the iOS client.

---
                  John

Comment

I have posted an update (3.0.0.103). Please post any issues you find to that forum.
                    HSTouch Refresh Preview 3.0.0.103 - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Can you tell me the height and width of that screen?

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                      It's the screens inside the designer that are too small. Also, this snap doesn't show the grid turned on. But when it is, it's impossible to use. Can't hardly see the grid.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-19 165241.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	1558126

Comment

800 x 1280

Click image for larger version

Name:	hst-main.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1559003

Can you tell me the height and width of that screen?

Attached Files

Comment

I think it's working as expected.

Can you tell me again, from the display settings, what is the scale (I believe you said 250%), and what is the Display Resolution. I assume your Display Resolution is set to the max that the monitor supports? Mine is set to 3840x2160 (standard 4K resolution).

800 x 1280

Comment

3840 x 2160 : 250%

I think it's working as expected.

Can you tell me again, from the display settings, what is the scale (I believe you said 250%), and what is the Display Resolution. I assume your Display Resolution is set to the max that the monitor supports? Mine is set to 3840x2160 (standard 4K resolution).

Comment

Since the screens are being drawn with pixels and an absolute size the system is scaling the screens so they are the same size no matter what resolution or scaling you pick. I guess you are expecting the screens to get larger as you pick a higher scale factor. That will not happen. You can go into the HSTouchDesigner.exe.config file and remove the DPI scaling line. That will give you a large screen. I think you tried that.

If this app was written from scratch, this could be fixed as we could add zooming. Not really possible to add zooming with this code base. I did try.

If your client is Android or IOS, you could make your screen twice as large for easier editing. It would get scaled down when you deployed it.

3840 x 2160 : 250%

Comment

Working...
                              X