Displaying Virtual Device Status Graphic in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Virtual Device Status Graphic in HSTouch

I'm working on a color picker using modified scripts from this thread, but no matter what I do, I can't get the element to show the preview color in my HSTouch Project:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	233
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	1574526

I tried setting the StatusTracking to the image but no joy. Tried setting up the element as an image and as a button.

I thought maybe turn off StatusTracking and set the element's image via a script using the ImageNorm pluginfunction, although I'm not sure of the proper syntax:

Code:
    hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {42, "Android:OFFICE TABLET", "Color Preview Box", hs.GetAppPath & "\html\images\HomeSeer\status\COLORPICK.png})
    "Color Preview Box" is the name of the element. As shown above, that's not working either.

FWIW, the graphic image is being saved correctly, but the HS4 device page won't show the new image until I refresh the screen. HSTouch will show the updated image if I exit the app and re-launch.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

You have to use an image / URL / IS video: true

Yann

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	1574552

Comment

Thank you, that worked! I can't even imagine how you figured that out.

StatusTracking should have worked - just another quirky feature of HSTouch/Designer

Comment

HSTouch was the main reason why I chose Homeseer over other solutions so when I discovered it didn't have a native color picker ( among others... ) I almost changed my mind. The color picker script became top priority on my project list and I eventually managed to assemble something decent as a workaround (thanks to Jon00 for guidance). Glad you could make good use of it. Cheers.

​​​​​

Comment

And I appreciate what you did, thank you for that.

I thought I pushed HSTouch as far as it could go - I even can track what screens all the clients are on, force them to different screens, change any tablet's start up screen on the fly from any other tablet. I use animated GIFs in status tracking, cool (IMHO) layering to make room lighting look realistic, but this...

This one stumped me, so thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X