Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch Designer Status Tracking not accessing Current Status Text or Status Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Designer Status Tracking not accessing Current Status Text or Status Image

Don't know if any of this is the cause but I will give background.

I installed the HSTouch 4 Designer a few weeks back but did not open it till today. I noticed I had to copy many of my "Skin" directories to the new HS4 Touch folder. I attempted to modify one of my screens and added an ON/OFF button for a new device. I downloaded to the screen and noticed it was now not showing the status of most of my devices, and I had lost control of some devices also.

Digging deeper I started poking around and realized that when I added the device and went to the status tracking I was able to add a homeseer Device and choose my device (I chose one of the Homeseer Light switches just to make sure choosing a device I created was not causing the problem). When clicking on the radio buttons, the "use status text" and "use status image" do not display anything in the box whereas the "Use Value" correctly displays the value of the device (as well as the value modifier selection box).

I assumed maybe the install was bad so I uninstalled HSTouch 3 and HSTouch 4, and then reinstalled HSTouch 4 Designer.

I was having the same results and started reading the forums and saw CodeMonkey had the exact same problems as I so I decided to just go back to HSTouch 3 Designer

Finally I uninstalled HSTouch 4 and Installed HSTouch3 Designer and opened my project and I am still unable to see the current status text and the status image in the designer itself. Just for giggles I tried to deploy to my fire tablet and am am getting the same results: The links to the current status and the image in HS4 are broken to the device as well as the Designer (I was hoping it was just a bug in the designer but the screens are duplicating the issue)

I am running HS4 Pro 4.2.16.0 and HSTouch Designer 3.0.81

A few other things:
    If I create a status image, it appears to be able to read all the values for the switch (0-99, On, off ,and last)
    I have not edited these screens in a couple months so I am not sure when it was broken (i am not positive the upgrade to HSTouch 4 was the cause)
    I did not upgrade the Android App on the Fire tablet before deploying the project from HSTouch4. But since I went back to 3 and deployed, I assume it shouldn't matter.

I am hoping this is a simple fix but it seems like HSTouch designer is not not able to retrieve this info from HS4 anymore. If there is a file I can edit or something simple for HSTouch Designer to access the graphic and the status please let me know. ​

Thanks,
    Chris

Originally posted by Grundcm View Post
    Don't know if any of this is the cause but I will give background.

I installed the HSTouch 4 Designer a few weeks back but did not open it till today. I noticed I had to copy many of my "Skin" directories to the new HS4 Touch folder. I attempted to modify one of my screens and added an ON/OFF button for a new device. I downloaded to the screen and noticed it was now not showing the status of most of my devices, and I had lost control of some devices also.

Digging deeper I started poking around and realized that when I added the device and went to the status tracking I was able to add a homeseer Device and choose my device (I chose one of the Homeseer Light switches just to make sure choosing a device I created was not causing the problem). When clicking on the radio buttons, the "use status text" and "use status image" do not display anything in the box whereas the "Use Value" correctly displays the value of the device (as well as the value modifier selection box).

I assumed maybe the install was bad so I uninstalled HSTouch 3 and HSTouch 4, and then reinstalled HSTouch 4 Designer.

I was having the same results and started reading the forums and saw CodeMonkey had the exact same problems as I so I decided to just go back to HSTouch 3 Designer

Finally I uninstalled HSTouch 4 and Installed HSTouch3 Designer and opened my project and I am still unable to see the current status text and the status image in the designer itself. Just for giggles I tried to deploy to my fire tablet and am am getting the same results: The links to the current status and the image in HS4 are broken to the device as well as the Designer (I was hoping it was just a bug in the designer but the screens are duplicating the issue)

I am running HS4 Pro 4.2.16.0 and HSTouch Designer 3.0.81

A few other things:
    If I create a status image, it appears to be able to read all the values for the switch (0-99, On, off ,and last)
    I have not edited these screens in a couple months so I am not sure when it was broken (i am not positive the upgrade to HSTouch 4 was the cause)
    I did not upgrade the Android App on the Fire tablet before deploying the project from HSTouch4. But since I went back to 3 and deployed, I assume it shouldn't matter.

I am hoping this is a simple fix but it seems like HSTouch designer is not not able to retrieve this info from HS4 anymore. If there is a file I can edit or something simple for HSTouch Designer to access the graphic and the status please let me know. ​

Thanks,
    Chris
    There is a V4 Touch Designer to go with HS4. It can be downloaded from the HSTouch thread. Not sure if that will fix your problem, but best to start there.

Comment

So as an update....

Honestly I walked away and worked on some other stuff around the house for a few hours. I passed the tablet that was not displaying correctly earlier and it now had data and images on the screen. I went back and opened HSTouch designer and now everything seems to be working correctly. I really didn't do anything except walk away and it seemed to fix itself.
      Consider this fixed (but definitely not solved as to why).

Comment

And Now (as of Yesterday) the screens are doing it again and not displaying correctly the images and status text are not correctly displaying on the screens. Since nothing has changed ( I have not downloaded to any of the screens and Homeseer has not been rebooted), I do believe there is an issue with HSTouch and Homeseer talking (whether this is a one time thing that is downloaded to the screens or actively monitored and displays whatever graphic is currently in Homeseer).

Just for you troubleshooters out there, Some of the screens will open and not display anything for the images or the status text. Then if the power to the device that is displayed is toggled it will show the ON status but go back blank when turned off. The status text sometimes shows up after changing the status on the device but not always.

Can someone share how this data is linked for the screens to retrieve it from Homeseer. If I can delete a file and recreate the project or something to get it to work properly I would be very happy. WAF is going downhill fast and we all know how fun that can be.

Comment

Yeah WAF is a thing when you've got a tablet(s) that may or may not work as expected. Believe me... I know.

It's strange that yours doesn't work, then after some timeout it decides to play nice, then maybe not so much later on. Schrodinger's Tablet?

What kind of tablet are you using, and is it possible that it's dropping the Wi-fi connection?

I had one problem child tablet that occasionally didn't show the proper StatusTracking and wouldn't control the devices. When I restarted the HSTouch app, it showed the proper status and controlled devices as expected.

Turned out that it was dropping its Wi-fi connection. Battery management was the culprit on that one - I had forgotten to set up the tablet to stay awake when powered.

I have several tablets throughout the house, mostly Fire HDs of various generations. They can all have slightly different setup screens and battery management may be hidden in different menus. I have found that it's important to get in there and set them up to not drop connections to save battery.

Comment

I have a mixture of Fire 7 and Fire 8 Tablets around the house. I don't believe it is a wifi problem as I have a pretty strong Unify Mesh (3 APs throughout the house). It is also not one tablet specific. I have 3 permanent Tablets and one my wife just opens the app as needed. This happens on all of them (seemingly at the same time). After I posted last, after about 3-4 hours they all started playing nice again.
            When it is "Not Working" All my screens are there and 75% of everything works, it is almost like they are not requesting the data (or cannot receive the data). Some of the boxes will just say "TEXT" instead of the proper status text of the device in Homeseer. And even common status images like the On/Off power symbol will just be "missing" from the screen (where it is usually either an Orange Circle with the Line or a Gray Circle and line.

Probably just going to have to put in a support ticket, just was gone ask here first in case someone had seen this and it is just a corrupted file I could replace.

Comment

Working...
            X