Connection credentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection credentials

I am trying to do a trial of HStouch and when setting up the connection to my homeseer system, I get the following error
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1665003

I am using the "default" credentials and can see in the HS log that it does not like the credentials. I have also tried creating a user in homeseer and using those credentials and nothing seems to want to connect. What am I doing wrong?

Did you register the Designer with a trial license? Did you try using your myHS credentials to connect?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did not register for a trial license, is that required?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
        I did not register for a trial license, is that required?
        In HS4 setup, check the Network tab. In the HSTouch section there are login credentials. Make sure you are using those to log in from an HSTouch client.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

In HS4 setup, check the Network tab. In the HSTouch section there are login credentials. Make sure you are using those to log in from an HSTouch client.
          I have the default of "default" set there and I even reset them to "default" but the designer client never connects.

Comment

I have the default of "default" set there and I even reset them to "default" but the designer client never connects.
            Can you post the error message in the HS4 log when you start the Designer and try to connect?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

Can you post the error message in the HS4 log when you start the Designer and try to connect?

Views:	35
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1665372

I was able to finally get it to work by creating a different user under Setup->Users

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	12 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	1665372

I was able to finally get it to work by creating a different user under Setup->Users
                That error indicates that what you are entering for a user/pass does not match what is entered on this form in setup. Can you enter the values again and restart HS then try to connect? Also, make sure this user/pass is entered as a user on the Users tab in setup.

Views:	31
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1665645

Comment

Working...
                X