Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password Screen?

Hi everyone,
    I remember asking about this earlier, before playing around with designer a little. I want to have the HSTouch app password protected. I see the option to enter password (in the designer) at the bottom of settings for each screen. I thought that by entering it for the dashboard (i.e. main) screen, I would be set. After all, that is the first screen I see when the app loads, so if that screen is password protected, then so is the app. Wrong!

The normal dashboard would appear and I would be able to click on any button (devices, events, etc.), but when I would click on the home icon to go back to dashboard, the password screen would appear! Not initially (upon loading of app) but when going back to home screen. On top of that, regardless of how many times i would enter the password, each attempt to go back to home screen would require a password! So... this method is obviously NOT what I wanted.

I am just trying to figure out the way to log into the app ONCE per session. How do I do that?!

I think you've discovered how it actually works, not how it should work. I don't think the developers considered the main page as a global password mechanism. Sub-screen passwords work fine, but as you've discovered, password protecting the main screen doesn't. I'd suggest you open a bug report on this.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
      I think you've discovered how it actually works, not how it should work. I don't think the developers considered the main page as a global password mechanism. Sub-screen passwords work fine, but as you've discovered, password protecting the main screen doesn't. I'd suggest you open a bug report on this.
      Where would I submit a bug report?
      Last edited by VirtualPanther; May 3, 2011, 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

Use the "Report a Bug" item at the top of this page.
        Mike

Comment

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Greig, that was the first thought I had.

Maybe put something basic on it like weather or something generic like that.

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Nice thought, guys. I'll create a new screen, make it main and try that. I just thought that there must be a way of doing this without a work-around. Otherwise, what's the point of the password field in every screen's setting? Regardless of which screen you choose to password-protect, it shouldn't keep asking you to login time and time again within same session. Right? Still sounds like a bug to me. I'll play with the work-around though...

Thanks again!

Comment

well, the idea behind the password was to protect a single screen...something like a screen that allowed you access to the thermostat, or locks.

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                  well, the idea behind the password was to protect a single screen...something like a screen that allowed you access to the thermostat, or locks.

--Dan
                  OK, sounds very logical. I thought of locking up the netcams page with views inside the house. But... if any of the screens gets locked, whenever you want to go to that screen--even after logging in--it will ask you for the password, again, and again, and again. That just can not be the intended function, can it? Let say you view you thermostat screen (after logging in to get there), then you go to weather screen and look at weather, then back to thermostat to adjust something. Guess what? You'll have to enter password once more. Seems wrong to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                    OK, sounds very logical. I thought of locking up the netcams page with views inside the house. But... if any of the screens gets locked, whenever you want to go to that screen--even after logging in--it will ask you for the password, again, and again, and again. That just can not be the intended function, can it? Let say you view you thermostat screen (after logging in to get there), then you go to weather screen and look at weather, then back to thermostat to adjust something. Guess what? You'll have to enter password once more. Seems wrong to me.
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Greig got it. This way, after so many minutes, it will re-lock the screen.

--Dan

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                        Greig got it. This way, after so many minutes, it will re-lock the screen.

--Dan
                        I get the idea of creating an introduction screen, linked to dashboard, and locking that screen with a pass. How do I make it auto-lock the app (on any screen) after, say, 3 minutes, automatically?

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          I remember asking about this earlier, before playing around with designer a little. I want to have the HSTouch app password protected. I see the option to enter password (in the designer) at the bottom of settings for each screen. I thought that by entering it for the dashboard (i.e. main) screen, I would be set. After all, that is the first screen I see when the app loads, so if that screen is password protected, then so is the app. Wrong!

The normal dashboard would appear and I would be able to click on any button (devices, events, etc.), but when I would click on the home icon to go back to dashboard, the password screen would appear! Not initially (upon loading of app) but when going back to home screen. On top of that, regardless of how many times i would enter the password, each attempt to go back to home screen would require a password! So... this method is obviously NOT what I wanted.

I am just trying to figure out the way to log into the app ONCE per session. How do I do that?!
                          I've turned this in as a bug. FYI
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I get the idea of creating an introduction screen, linked to dashboard, and locking that screen with a pass. How do I make it auto-lock the app (on any screen) after, say, 3 minutes, automatically?
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              VirtualPanther.
                              again it is in “Tools” / “Options” / “Project defaults”
                              click the checkbox next to "return to main screen after x minutes of inactivity"
                              Set X to 3 then make sure that the introduction page as you call it is the only main screen.
                              also set “Clear stored password after” to 3min.
                              That way after 3min of inactivity the app will be locked.
                              let me know how you get on?
                              Greig.
                              Thanks, Greig. I will try playing with that.

Mark, thanks so much for looking into this.
                              Last edited by VirtualPanther; May 3, 2011, 07:54 PM. Reason: additional comments

Comment

Working...
                              X