hstouch screens not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hstouch screens not updating

im trying to make some changes to my screens, and on the windows client, when i deploy, it acts like it is getting the new screens, but it comes right back up to what it was running before(same exact project that was running, i just changed some buttons)

i'm designing on one PC and deploying to another.

I've tried reinstalling, updating, rebooting, etc.

Originally posted by fischb22 View Post
    im trying to make some changes to my screens, and on the windows client, when i deploy, it acts like it is getting the new screens, but it comes right back up to what it was running before(same exact project that was running, i just changed some buttons)

i'm designing on one PC and deploying to another.

I've tried reinstalling, updating, rebooting, etc.
    When you say “it’s acting like it’s getting the new screens” do you mean that you can see the project deploy from one computer and see the client computer receiving the project?

I ask because I’ve seen from time to time, the deploying computer will always act like it is deploying the project, showing the status bars as if it’s transferring, but if you look at the client while it’s deploying, it’s not actually receiving anything. This can happen if the client has disconnected for some reason but is still showing the project on the screen.

You did say “when the project comes back up” so I’m guessing that you are seeing the client receive the project..... Maybe try either deploying the default project or creating a simple one button project and deploying to see if there is a problem with the project file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The client looks like it’s getting the files, and reloads, but no changes

i can send it a totally different project, and it acts the same way, the blue box pops up, it gets the file, and restarts... back to the initital project(not the one button project, or the modified version)

Comment

The client looks like it’s getting the files, and reloads, but no changes

i can send it a totally different project, and it acts the same way, the blue box pops up, it gets the file, and restarts... back to the initital project(not the one button project, or the modified version)
        Is the client using MyHS or a local network IP? If a local network I’m wondering if something is blocking it from deploying....? Really strange as I’ve never experienced this before. May want to put in a support ticket or ping Rich about this one. rjh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Plugin's:

Comment

For my windows clients, I found that if the project name I was updating was the same as the one that was already loaded, it would look like it was updating but it wouldn't have the changes I made.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
            For my windows clients, I found that if the project name I was updating was the same as the one that was already loaded, it would look like it was updating but it wouldn't have the changes I made.
            Yeah, but they have deployed a completely different project with a different name and it hasn’t changed....doesn’t make sense at all....

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Is the client using MyHS or a local network IP? If a local network I’m wondering if something is blocking it from deploying....? Really strange as I’ve never experienced this before. May want to put in a support ticket or ping Rich about this one. rjh

doesnt matter, i've tried both methods. normally, on this client its done via local network

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                makes no difference, i've created a new project with a single button, deployed it, and nothing happens, old screens remain.

i've also deleted everything on the client, and from somewhere the same screens pop back up

Comment

I have the same problem deploying to my iPhone today. It was working last night and not today. Tried both local connection and MyHS connection - nothing. HSTouch is showing progress bars as if it is deploying the project but nothing happens on the iPhone (client) side. iPhone is connected for sure as it does show in the "deploy" menu of HSTouch. Also previously deployed HSTouch project does work on the iPhone. Restarted both HSTouch and iPhone. Even power cycled the iPhone. No luck.

Comment

doesnt matter, i've tried both methods. normally, on this client its done via local network
                    The only suggestion I can think of at this point is to reset the phone to factory and try downloading the client fresh...but I know that’s not the most appealing option so you might start with a trouble ticket with Homeseer first.
                    Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

Plugin's:

Comment

I'm not running this on a phone, its running on a full blown PC

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                        I have the same problem deploying to my iPhone today. It was working last night and not today. Tried both local connection and MyHS connection - nothing. HSTouch is showing progress bars as if it is deploying the project but nothing happens on the iPhone (client) side. iPhone is connected for sure as it does show in the "deploy" menu of HSTouch. Also previously deployed HSTouch project does work on the iPhone. Restarted both HSTouch and iPhone. Even power cycled the iPhone. No luck.
                        When a device shows up under Tools>Deploy it doesn’t guarantee that it is still connected to HS3. I can launch Designer now and see two devices that show they are connected but know that only one really is. I’ve actually worked with Rich on this issue but it hasn’t been fixed at this point. Only way I have found to ensure that I’m deploying to a device and that it actually connected is to clear the list in designer first. Then when you connect with the iPhone it should pop up.

Plugin's:

Comment

I'm not running this on a phone, its running on a full blown PC
                          Sorry about that, guess I got confused after reading other posts.

When I have uninstalled designer in the past and then reinstalled either the same or updated version it always says that its using files from a backup during the install. Even though you thought you deleted everything, it has to be finding those files somewhere in order for you to still see the same project.

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

When a device shows up under Tools>Deploy it doesn’t guarantee that it is still connected to HS3. I can launch Designer now and see two devices that show they are connected but know that only one really is. I’ve actually worked with Rich on this issue but it hasn’t been fixed at this point. Only way I have found to ensure that I’m deploying to a device and that it actually connected is to clear the list in designer first. Then when you connect with the iPhone it should pop up.

Not the case with me. The device would disappear and re-appear on the deploy list as I connect/disconnect it and also it is next to me and I can control my HS3 from it, hence it is connected.

Comment

Working...
                            X