This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HS3Touch Weather API

The default project for HSTouch includes a weather screen which accesses our server to get the current weather and 5 day forecast. The weather API we had been using has been retired. If you want to continue using the weather feature of HS3Touch, you will need to obtain a FREE API Key from apixu.com. Please follow the instructions below to get your weather running again.

If using any standard HS3Touch mobile app project
    1. Obtain an API key from apixu.com. The key should be roughly 30 characters long (give or take a character or two).
    2. Open HS3, navigate to the Setup > Network page and enter the new key in the field labeled "WorldWeatherOnline API key" or (in newer versions) "Weather API Key". Anyway, don't worry about the name!
    3. When finished, just run HS3Touch and check the weather page of your project. It should be working for you now!
    For custom projects created with HS3Touch Designer:
    1. Run the HS3Touch Designer and open an existing stock project (like "320x480-Portrait.xml").
    2. Open another instance of the Designer with your own project.
    3. Now, just copy each weather element from the stock project to yours.
    4. Obtain an API key from apixu.com. The key should be roughly 30 characters long (give or take a character or two).
    5. Open HS3, navigate to the Setup > Network page and enter the new key in the field labeled "WorldWeatherOnline API key" or (in newer versions) "Weather API Key". Anyway, don't worry about the name!
    6. When finished, deploy the project and test it on your client. It should be working for you now!
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

I got the warning message to switch to the apixu API on HSTouch.
    I changed it as advised above and it is working fine.

Thanks
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I have been waiting two day for a verification email from this weather provider.

Comment

For me, the verification was immediate, maybe check your spam folder?

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
        I have been waiting two day for a verification email from this weather provider.
        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

never got an email but the key showed up when I logged back in to the account. I don't see any place to enter the key under network HSTouch. I am running version .478

Comment

found it right in front of my nose.

Comment

First post has been updated with instructions on converting to the new weather service.
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I signed up for the API tonight, got the confirmation email right away, copied the API into HS, relaunched HS Touch. Works for me.

Comment

It does not work for me . I’m new to Hs and have a hard time get anything working . I was able to make it work before and now it still showed zero in all values . Not sure what I do wrong . Have new api key and everything by instructions

Comment

Originally posted by hazy View Post
                    It does not work for me . I’m new to Hs and have a hard time get anything working . I was able to make it work before and now it still showed zero in all values . Not sure what I do wrong . Have new api key and everything by instructions
                    The key should only be 30-31 characters long and should not contain any parameters. For example, if the key generated looks like this:
                    key=e603cbf8bec14d8bbb9190106191234&q=Paris, you should only enter this: e603cbf8bec14d8bbb9190106191234 into the HS3 WeatherAPI field.
                    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Note that if you enter the key it may take a few hours before you will see an update as it caches errors and flushes every few hours or so.

Originally posted by hazy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Note that if you enter the key it may take a few hours before you will see an update as it caches errors and flushes every few hours or so.

I checked key it have 31 characters anf no letters on the end so I guess it’s good
                        will check in few hours and see if it works

thank you

Comment

I'm running HS3 3.0.0.435, HSTouch Server plugin 3.0.0.68 . . . I found the setting under Plug-ins-->HSTouch Server-->HSTouch, not under Setup-->Network.

Will this still work?

Comment

If you are running 435, then the HSTouch Server plugin is not running, its built in. But the weather key setting will still work, use the setting in HS setup.

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                            I'm running HS3 3.0.0.435, HSTouch Server plugin 3.0.0.68 . . . I found the setting under Plug-ins-->HSTouch Server-->HSTouch, not under Setup-->Network.

Will this still work?

Comment

Humidity, I see it in the xml, but it's value is always zero.
                              3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X