Future of HS3 Touch After HS3 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of HS3 Touch After HS3 Mobile

What is the future of HS3 Touch now that HS3 Mobile is out? In my opinion they serve a very different audience so I hope both will stay around and I believe I read somewhere in the forums that this will be the case. Anyways, I wanted to get your input because frankly HSTouch can be pretty frustrating to use and I probably could do something quicker with aspx pages but if HS is coming up with something much improved incl. https, etc. then I rather wait for that.

You are correct there was a post outlining this; I wasn't able to locate it. The two apps are meant to serve different audiences. HS mobile is meant to give a default user experience for those people who don't want to take the time to create a custom interface. HS touch will be losing it's default project and is intended for people who want to create a custom user experience.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I also agree. HS Mobile is meant to be available to users who have not purchased the HS3Touch Designer (a separate cost). HS3Touch with the default project does not require purchasing the designer. Once that default project is no longer distributed, you won't have a choice, you'll have to run HS Mobile in order to have a functional client without purchasing the designer.

Comment

Well, I just got an email saying: "HomeSeer Mobile is our new default mobile app for all HS3-based software systems and controllers. If you've been using HS3Touch with the standard mobile project, we HIGHLY recommend that you shift to HomeSeer Mobile."

That kind of suggests HSTouch Drsigner and the corresponding mobile app are history. Unless they are just about to come out with a new HSTouch designer that let's us fully customize the new mobile app. If full customization goes away it will be a MAJOR!!!!!! letdown.

Comment

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I get the feeling from the email I just got, as well as this thread - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...evious-version, that Designer will continue to exist, but the default project will be retired.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Going forward, HS3Touch is targeted for use with owners of the HStouch Designer so the default projects will no longer be updated.
          Homeseer Mobile may well be good, but it's no substitute for custom screens. But, if you don't want to do custom screens, you don't need Designer.

Mike
          Last edited by Mike Johnson; March 7, 2019, 04:01 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

My 2 cents....
            I played with Mobile for a few minutes and found it frustrating and not intuitive to set-up. At some point I will take the time to read the manuals for it (if I can even find them).

The 'stock' HS3Touch interface was fine for me. And now it is shut off. Not a happy camper!!!!!

Comment

Ah, I missed the key phrase "with the standard mobile project". Big deal. If you are using HSTouch Designer you obviously don't care about the under-performing (I am being nice) "standard mobile project". I think it's a good thing they drop that and push people to the new app. I haven't used the new app but it can't possible be worse than the "standard mobile project" (and the screenshots and demo videos look decent). So it's actually a good thing as long as they continue to support and (desperately) do improvements for HSTouch Designer.

Actually, I think they should get rid of the old HSTouch app. Instead, there should be a single app that lets the majority of people easily configure dashboards but allows people with HSTouch Designer to do full customization. By combining the two apps, HS can save resources. In the not distant future, the VAST majority of customers who want very simple configuration will ask for more and more customization which will blend the border between the regular users and power users. So I don't mind switching to a new app as long as I keep the full customization.

Comment

Well, about 10 days ago I got an email saying "Pricing on HS3Touch Designer will increase from $199.95 to $299.95 on April 1st. If you've been thinking about adding it to your system, NOW is the time to make your move!" and then they offered a 50% discount to buy HS3Touch for $100 until the end of March 2019. So if they are going to increase the price then obviously it's not the end of HSTouch. As a matter of fact, I hope that increasing the price from $200 to $300 means on April 1st they are going to introduce a new and much improved HS3Touch Designer.

Comment

one can only hope for a new HStouch with AUDIO VIDEO SUPPORT!

Comment

sirbooker, if you use BlueIris then they have a pretty nice interface that you can integrate into HSTouch. That is what I am currently doing. Granted, integration of security cameras is expected functionality that HSTouch should offer out of the box (overview of all live streams, selecting a particular camera, looking at recordings). Having said that, even higher on my priority list is SSL encoding, a faster and more reliable MyHS, better scalable graphics to accommodate many different mobile devices (wall mounted screen, iPads, Android tablets, several cell phones, etc). It's a BIG challenge but in my opinion that's the make it or break it criteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X