Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There any News on HS4Touch (HS Touch 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do the same things with my HSTouch screens and I agree that the Designer can be a pill to use. However, I have literally hundreds of hours invested in creating numerous screens that I am unwilling to just throw away, just to make future screens easier to create.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      I do the same things with my HSTouch screens and I agree that the Designer can be a pill to use. However, I have literally hundreds of hours invested in creating numerous screens that I am unwilling to just throw away, just to make future screens easier to create.
      +1 to that!

If/when there is a new Designer and it's not compatible with the current xml files, I'll keep fighting with what we have now. Even with all the challenges, I'm unaware of anything else out there that allows the complete flexibility of HS3/4 & Designer to create basically anything you want.

Comment

HST needs bugfix and upgrades for sure. They are falling behind and and making HS less attractive.
        My two major requests are;
        - Fix HSTouch so I wont need to close app to reconnect. Reconnecting is slow, but most often it fails.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...nitial-connect

- Make it possible to access two systems from one mobil (e.g. home and cabin). Could be just a possibility to swap between two MyHS servers. No I will not pay monthly for this feature.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...meseer-systems

Comment

Originally posted by Briggs_RX View Post
          HST needs bugfix and upgrades for sure. They are falling behind and and making HS less attractive.
          My two major requests are;
          - Fix HSTouch so I wont need to close app to reconnect. Reconnecting is slow, but most often it fails.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...nitial-connect

- Make it possible to access two systems from one mobil (e.g. home and cabin). Could be just a possibility to swap between two MyHS servers. No I will not pay monthly for this feature.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...meseer-systems
          You can already get access to two HS systems but it’s a subscription. I wouldn’t count on that changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I've been playing around with The Home Remote, which has integrated with HomeSeer. I've built a lighting control that allows me to set a dimmable light to Off, Low, Medium, High. In HSTouch I had to reimplement UI code for each light, but THR supports the notion of "Tiles" and the UI is done once and reusable. I've also written a plugins for BlueIris plugin and for Volumio (Raspberry Pi based audio server). The development paradigm is different than HSTouch and took me a bit to wrap my head around it .. but it is very flexible. It is also very fast; connection to HomeSeer is pretty much instant

/keith

Attached Files
            Take your smart home dashboard to the next level with a GUI designer that gives you complete control of its content.

Comment

I wasted my money upgrading to HS4 Pro to get designer. Luckily it was in offer at the time otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I hate designer, I did thought I'd warm to it but havn't.
              I instead use Jon00's HSTiles. While its not perfect and has some limitations, I really like it for basic stuff. It doesn't replace designer because of its limitations, but for most people it probably does what they want.

Here's my latest dashboard screen

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_108913.jpg Views:	4 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	1520905

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

You can already get access to two HS systems but it’s a subscription. I wouldn’t count on that changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                True, but with subscription; do you know how you could swap between two systems in HST while on external/MyHS connection? At the moment I can only see a possibility if both controllers + HST device were on local..

Comment

Originally posted by Briggs_RX View Post

True, but with subscription; do you know how you could swap between two systems in HST while on external/MyHS connection? At the moment I can only see a possibility if both controllers + HST device were on local..
                  Once you have the premium subscription, you can login to MyHS and add a second system to your account. Then when you launch HST with MyHS, I believe it asks you which system. Also, because there are two different systems with different devices, you will need a HSTouch project for each location. Unless you are using the default project…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post
                    I wasted my money upgrading to HS4 Pro to get designer. Luckily it was in offer at the time otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I hate designer, I did thought I'd warm to it but havn't.
                    I instead use Jon00's HSTiles. While its not perfect and has some limitations, I really like it for basic stuff. It doesn't replace designer because of its limitations, but for most people it probably does what they want.

Here's my latest dashboard screen

Click image for larger version Name:	image_108913.jpg Views:	4 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	1520905
                    I feel like I have been through war with HSDesigner and looked at Jon00's HSTiles as well as Home Remote as potential alternatives.

In the end, and even with all of HSDesigner's bugs and necessary workarounds, it is not possible to create exactly what I want going those other routes. My main screen (the project currently has 39 more):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220116-091003.png Views:	0 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	1520963

I'm willing to put up with HSTuch in its current form until if/when something comes along that enables screen development that does what I want.

As always, YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

I feel like I have been through war with HSDesigner and looked at Jon00's HSTiles as well as Home Remote as potential alternatives.

In the end, and even with all of HSDesigner's bugs and necessary workarounds, it is not possible to create exactly what I want going those other routes. My main screen (the project currently has 39 more):

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20220116-091003.png Views:	0 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	1520963

I'm willing to put up with HSTuch in its current form until if/when something comes along that enables screen development that does what I want.

As always, YMMV
                      There isn't a lot you can't do with web based design, but It comes down to how much time you're willing to invest. HSTiles is nice middleground.
                      Last edited by SmartyPants; January 23, 2022, 06:02 AM. Reason: Button presses

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20220116-091003.png Views:	0 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	1520963

As always, YMMV
                        Nice layout! How did you create the FloorPlan/DollHouse view? Are any of the icons in the view responsive to HS values?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Nice layout! How did you create the FloorPlan/DollHouse view? Are any of the icons in the view responsive to HS values?
                          Thanks
                          Thanks, and yes, ALL of the icons - png files really - are responsive to HS.

Windows and doors are just indicators: green is closed, red is open. The garage and front door are functional: a tap on the garage door toggles it, same with front door lock.

All the fans either toggle on/off or step through the speeds depending on the type of fan. Even tapping on the TV turns it on/off.

Light switches (and reflections/shadows created when the lights or on or off) are the reason I can't use Jon00's tiles or Home Remote. They are all layered in HSTouch, meaning they overlap. Why?

Because as an example, when the kitchen light is on, the light spills into the dining an living room areas, but those rooms have their own lights. I wanted to still show the kitchen light's affect on those rooms when the Dining/LR light is off, but when the Dining or LR light is on, then show that over the kitchen light (if that makes any sense).

Which leads me to your other question: I used Sweet Home 3D to create the floor plan.

It's an amazing - and free(!) app - that also lets you place lights wherever they exist within your floor plan. You can tell it to turn any of the lights on/off/dim to a percent, then have it render the drawing.

In this way you can create different looks for rooms with lights on/off/dim, then use those images in HSTouch under StatusTracking.

There's even a Backyard screen that uses animated GIFs to show the various lighting schemes of the LED strips in my screen enclosure. Designer's StatusTracking takes care of that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Backyard Screen.png
Views:	347
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	1520998

Maybe I'll post a video so you can see how it looks in action, but this is really the reason I am sticking with HS Designer & HSTouch.

I cannot find another solution that allows one to create this. And the added benefit is it gets me total WAF/buy-in.

It's worth fighting (sometimes epically) with Designer because, in the end, I've always gotten it to do exactly what I want.

Comment

Working...
                          X