Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch slow

Hi

My interface seems quite slow and laggy. It's very simple though.
    A key press might take a second or longer to repond. I turned off 'isvideo' on some images thinking this might be the issue - but it made no difference.
    Is there anything specific I should look for / know about that affects the responsiveness ? (running on ios)

Are you on your local WiFi network or remote? Do you have a strong signal?
    You could try the Windows app to see if it responds faster.
    Can you be more specific about what "A key press might take a second or longer to repond." means?
    What does the key press do? (run an event? directly control a device?)
    What is the response that you are looking for?
    If you monitor the log at the same time, do you see any clues?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Are you on your local WiFi network or remote? Do you have a strong signal?
      You could try the Windows app to see if it responds faster.
      Can you be more specific about what "A key press might take a second or longer to repond." means?
      What does the key press do? (run an event? directly control a device?)
      What is the response that you are looking for?
      If you monitor the log at the same time, do you see any clues?
      Hi

Thanks for the response .
      iPad client is poe .
      Suppose I have a button defined in hsdesigner and when you release it the text on it changes - no linked event or script .
      I can press then release and maybe 1 second before the visual feedback I.e text changes . All buttons seem slow to respond .
      Nothing in the log to indicate any issues .
      I did see an old thread suggesting that stretched graphics can cause slow down . My screen is simple and I suspect all graphics are stretched .
      Might remove all icons and just have 1 as a test .
      Just wondering if there were any hsdesigner known issues to cause a slow response .

Cheers

Comment

Just to add one question to Uncle Michaels questions.....What device are you running the client on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Just to add one question to Uncle Michaels questions.....What device are you running the client on?

iPad 4th gen . Assume that shouldn’t really have any issues speed wise ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

I have an older iPad Air running the same project as a newer iPad Pro and it is around a second slower than the new iPad.

I have several stretched graphics in my project and haven’t noticed any delays. I’m wondering if the specific action you are performing is bugged, drop a couple more buttons in your project and see if you have the same delays. Have one button change the state of a device (Ex Light) and another that runs an event.

Plugin's:

Comment

I have an older iPad Air running the same project as a newer iPad Pro and it is around a second slower than the new iPad.

I have several stretched graphics in my project and haven’t noticed any delays. I’m wondering if the specific action you are performing is bugged, drop a couple more buttons in your project and see if you have the same delays. Have one button change the state of a device (Ex Light) and another that runs an event.

Really ? 1 second delay ! . It’s just when other household members use it and don’t get an almost instant visual response they then press it again !
              Think I’ll setup another hsdesigner project with just a button that turns a light on/off as you say - then see what happens . I can duplicate that button 10 times in the same screen see what effect that causes .

Cheers

Comment

Pocster You should see responses on your iPad instantly. I have pretty large project running on iPads and most of the time there are no issues. Only time I had problem was when I was monitoring system remotely using MyHS. After a few days I had really slow responses but app restart fixed it.

There are some other issues/bugs related to HS Touch running on iOS that you might discover once you start building more advanced UI but speed is usually not a problem.

Comment

I just looked up the specs of the two iPads, it looks like your 4th gen has the A6X chip and my old iPad Air has the A7X chip, so the hardware is similar. I would guess that it’s your hardware. We still use it however, it still runs a pretty complex project with sound feedback on every button, running scripts, events, lots of graphics, and changing device states.

Plugin's:

Comment

I just looked up the specs of the two iPads, it looks like your 4th gen has the A6X chip and my old iPad Air has the A7X chip, so the hardware is similar. I would guess that it’s your hardware. We still use it however, it still runs a pretty complex project with sound feedback on every button, running scripts, events, lots of graphics, and changing device states.

Yeah I assumed a 4th gen would be ok tbh . There’s nothing visually demanding . I’ll try a new project and see . Otherwise I’ve got to buy a couple of iPads maybe 7th gen just to keep the UI ( and SWMBO ) happy !

Comment

Yeah I assumed a 4th gen would be ok tbh . There’s nothing visually demanding . I’ll try a new project and see . Otherwise I’ve got to buy a couple of iPads maybe 7th gen just to keep the UI ( and SWMBO ) happy !
                      Yeah! That iPad should be just fine. A newer version might be better just to resolve the double pressing of buttons issue but once the user gets used to the short delay, it will handle much more complex projects without a problem.

Plugin's:

Comment

I recently just started adding the Amazon Fire tablets to the mix in our house, less expensive and faster than using older iPads. The one major downside, you have to maintain two different projects.

Plugin's:

Comment

I recently just started adding the Amazon Fire tablets to the mix in our house, less expensive and faster than using older iPads. The one major downside, you have to maintain two different projects.

Yeah I think just maintaining 1 project is enough

Comment

Did some experimenting found the issue.

isvideorefreshrate - changing this from 0 to 50+ instantly improved the responsiveness . So no need to purchase a new ipad! 😁

Everything much smoother and zippier.

Comment

Pocster , out of curiosity, for what type of elements did you have to adjust refresh rate? Was it a single element causing the issue ? Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X