Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial deploy

Hey all

I use some global variables while on my hs client - so I can determine which screen I am on - it works well.
    One issue I have is if I deploy whilst not on my initial 'home' screen the global variable isn't reset.

Is there a way to run some startup code on deployment?. Or some way of knowing that this is a first run? i.e. just been deployed - so then I can reset any globals I use.

Cheers

Can you describe how you proceed to determine the screen you are on?

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
      Can you describe how you proceed to determine the screen you are on?
      Sure

I have a main screen ‘home’ ; selecting any icon e.g ‘kitchen’ , ‘bathroom’ etc. Simply sets the global var to that text.
      Then I have an event that runs every second and simply runs a script

If current_screen = “kitchen” then ....

Etc .

Comment

Thank you,
        however,
        ​​​unless you maintain multiple xml's this wont work across multiple clients.
        too bad this is not a native hstouch feature.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
          Thank you,
          however,
          ​​​unless you maintain multiple xml's this wont work across multiple clients.
          too bad this is not a native hstouch feature.
          You are of course correct. Would be so much nicer if you could have global variables available to all clients ( as is now ) but also 'global' variables specific to a particular client. I really don't want multiple xml's - that's just too much work!. Can just hope that HS add this rather critical feature.

Comment

In case it has been missed, there is a way to determine which client has made a request (and without having multiple projects). I have implemented it, and it works quite well.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...nt#post1390216

Comment

Yes, it's already on my ever growing todo list
              Just wish the integration was done in the core product to minimize the extra scripting.

Comment

Working...
              X