Thermostat Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Control

I recently incorporated a Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 thermostat and I'm wanting to be able to manage it from an HSTouch screen. The issue I'm having is with respect to changing the temperature (cool/heat) setpoints. The designer element options only allow for selecting pre-determined temperature values and not the ability to increment/decrement the current setpoint values. To work around that issue, I created scripts that get the current setpoint value and then either add or subtract 1 from that value each time the button is pressed and set it as the new setpoint. Now for the problem... when viewing the thermostat in the devices view of the server, when changing setpoint values, there is a submit button that must be selected in order to implement the change. How can I recreate that same action within HSTouch?

I am a little confused about what you are asking for. Do you want to replicate the submit button in HSTouch or remove it from devices web page?

One thing to note is that you don't need to use a script to change the setpoint on a thermostat.

​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	1616581

You can use an Action Type : Thermostat and adjust the setpoint when pressed or released. In a prior house, I had the TH6320ZW2003 and set up HSTouch to do this and it worked fine. The above screenshot is a different thermostat but it works the same.​

Comment

I have the same TStats and use HSTouch and a bunch of scripts to control them.

There's this thread that you can scroll through if you really want to go down a rabbit hole

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ekly-schedules

Comment

I am not sure how the Honeywell thermostats work but with our z-wave thermostats there are commands to increase and decrease temps.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ThermostatTempHSTouch.png
Views:	107
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1616768

Comment

I was able to get it straightened out. I replaced my previous thermostat with the Honeywell and I think HS Designer hadn't sync'd to recognize the new thermostat and control options. I've been able to create a screen to display and control the thermostat settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	therm.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1616773

Comment

DavidLiles glad you got it working. One challenge you might have is setting the heat and cooling setpoint as right now you just set cooling/AC.

Comment

mulu - I've managed to create control functions for both heating and cooling; the screen shot was merely an example of resolving my initial issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
              X