On-Screen Keyboard for HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On-Screen Keyboard for HSTouch

I needed a keyboard to enter data on a screen. I couldn't find one in the Forum so I built one using two virtual devices I use two scripts KeyStrokeAdd.vb and ShiftKeySet.vb. I also made this a custom group which I think will work if you copy to one of the custom directories in HSTouch. I pass the RefID from the group. The elements are not visible and the text color is transparent so they will not show. The Elements are named DeviceNo and DeviceNo1. The first is the device that stores the text and the second stores the shift key. A screenshot of just the keyboard is below: The Shift key Status text is just 0;False, 1,True.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-19 17-06-03.png
Views:	400
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1386828

Here is what the Device Status Graphics look like:

Shift Key

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-19 17-15-40.png
Views:	296
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1386830

Text

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-19 17-16-20.png
Views:	291
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1386829

The scripts are given Below

[ATTACH]n1386825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]n1386826[/ATTACH]

The XML File for the custom group is here:

[ATTACH]n1386827[/ATTACH]

You will have to remove the .txt from the files (Required to upload) I have not figured out a way to deal with all the punctuation characters (mostly to show the user on the keyboard) I could make the keyboard larger but that seems kludgey. I might have to create graphics to represent but that is for another day.

I hope others find this useful. I also have not written an event or script to clear the text in the device after x period of time.

Super, thanks

Comment

I lied. I couldn't sleep so here is the keyboard with updates to allow shift characters for numbers.

The keys are save in the following zip file. I got a picture of a keyboard and I cut all the keys off the jpg and cleaned them up with gimp.

[ATTACH]n1386917[/ATTACH]

Here is what the new keyboard looks like:

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-20 01-45-14.png
Views:	315
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1386918

Here is the change to KeyStrokeAdd.vb

[ATTACH]n1386919[/ATTACH]

Here is the XML File

[ATTACH]n1386920[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very nice of you, thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I'm new to scripts. Do I just add the .vb scripts to the scripts folder and run them like an event?

Comment

Working...
          X