This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    ... (I keep the landline primarily for monitoring the security system and as our standard 'contact' number - to route nuisance calls away from our cell phones so that HSPhone can handle them.)
    I am not familiar with HSPhone but would this link be helpful https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e-and-way2call

Btw, we use our home line also for whenever we need to give a phone number to a business, etc. We have an Ooma with the premium service which is about $10/month. It is configured so only calls from our phone list will ring the phone which I also forward to my cell. All other calls go directly to voicemail. Spammers don not leave messages...

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      ...And honestly, if the current product does what you need, why move to HS4? ...
      For the same reason as I eventually moved to HS3 from HS2. Support. No one's writing new plugins for HS2 or updating existing ones when things change that cause them to stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
        I'd like to ditch our landline, but we don't have cell coverage at home. Considering how much scam traffic we have on it, I'd be really grouchy if I couldn't use Way2Call to mitigate it.
        Don. Are you able to configure WiFi calling on your mobile phones. Even here in suburban NJ we have virtually zero cell service at our house (from all providers), but it's been night and day since we enabled WiFi calling ~ 3 years ago.
        cheeryfool

Comment

And honestly, if the current product does what you need, why move to HS4? I don’t understand everyone’s hang up on a GUI that is for admin only. Sure some are using it for status, but that’s not what it was built for.
          There were quite a few new Z-Wave devices released after HS3 was mainstream and the devices would not work with HS2, or lacked new series 500 chip features.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Who told you the Windows platform is a test platform? Its as real an HSTouch client as the other clients and should be totally functional. Any new features go into all the clients. There is a Linux client that I would call experimental but some are using it, depends on the Linux version.
            from an email from Matt:
            The Windows client is not intended for daily use, but rather for testing projects to make sure they appear and function correctly before deploying to a mobile device.
            Tyler told me essentially the same thing yesterday by phone saying that while it should work fine, don't count on any bug fixes or enhancements. At least that's how I understood the conversation. I asked why that was the case and he said there's not enough user base to justify it. He said <2% are using the windows client which surprised me but made it more understandable.

The above were in context of support on a deployment problem I'm experiencing (v.72 and v.77 not deploying to remotely connected v.72 and v.77 windows client), and both Matt and Tyler said it will be logged in and reviewed as a possible bug. Given their explanations about how HST views the windows client I didn't know whether it would be fixed if found to be a bug rather than something with my configuration.

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus here but would like clarity on HST's position. The windows client is definitely important to me as well as at least some others.

edit:
            ...We all forget this forum is a small percentage to a bigger customer base. Your opinion matters to Rich I am sure, but he has shown you all that the data to your complaints shows the trends, and the trends don’t conform to our small group...HomeSeer isn’t in the business to keep a few 100 people happy, they need to grow and continue to be a company 10 years from now, and that means doing the research to find out where things are heading and build a product that can compete...Let’s face reality here, our voice is a very small voice in the big machine.
            Pretty much agree. I know they weren't necessarily directed at my post, but they do speak to my acceptance of Matt's and Tyler's explanation at face value.
            -Wade

Comment

Who told you the Windows platform is a test platform? Its as real an HSTouch client as the other clients and should be totally functional. Any new features go into all the clients. There is a Linux client that I would call experimental but some are using it, depends on the Linux version.
              rjh HST support (support@homeseer.com) is actively telling customers that the Windows client is "intended for testing purposes" and that "for a connection from Windows, we recommend connecting to the web interface from find.homeseer.com or myhs.homeseer.com".

I exchanged many emails last October with Matt Cave, providing very detailed descriptions and screenshots of a couple long-standing bugs I was experiencing, but was told that no resources would be dedicated to resolving them because Android and iOS clients were the focus.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...windows-client

Comment

Threads like this amuse me. We all forget this forum is a small percentage to a bigger customer base. Your opinion matters to Rich I am sure, but he has shown you all that the data to your complaints shows the trends, and the trends don’t conform to our small group.

We all hate change, but it’s always happening. HomeSeer isn’t in the business to keep a few 100 people happy, they need to grow and continue to be a company 10 years from now, and that means doing the research to find out where things are heading and build a product that can compete.

And honestly, if the current product does what you need, why move to HS4? I don’t understand everyone’s hang up on a GUI that is for admin only. Sure some are using it for status, but that’s not what it was built for.

HSTouch isn’t going anywhere, though I agree it could also use some attention. And the new app seems to be covering a lot of what the other systems are doing and sounds like Rich has plans to expand it.

Let’s face reality here, our voice is a very small voice in the big machine. We are here more to help each other with the product versus telling Rich how to run his business.
                I agree completely....well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                  Thought I would try HSTouch Trial again but it keeps crashing.
                  I've found after opening, you need to let it be a while it loads. clicking on anything right away will lock it. This also case when opening an xml file, wait for the little yellow done, before proceeding.
                  HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                  Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                  Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Ok, looks like some miscommunication here, sorry about that, I will talk with them. The Windows client is built off the Designer code base, so there is no reason for it to not be kept up to date.

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

rjh HST support (support@homeseer.com) is actively telling customers that the Windows client is "intended for testing purposes" and that "for a connection from Windows, we recommend connecting to the web interface from find.homeseer.com or myhs.homeseer.com".

I exchanged many emails last October with Matt Cave, providing very detailed descriptions and screenshots of a couple long-standing bugs I was experiencing, but was told that no resources would be dedicated to resolving them because Android and iOS clients were the focus.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...windows-client
                    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

The Windows client is built off the Designer code base, so there is no reason for it to not be kept up to date.
                      So good to hear the Windows client is not dead! 🙌

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

So good to hear the Windows client is not dead! 🙌
                        Agree. This is good to hear.
                        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post

Don. Are you able to configure WiFi calling on your mobile phones. Even here in suburban NJ we have virtually zero cell service at our house (from all providers), but it's been night and day since we enabled WiFi calling ~ 3 years ago.
                          Alas, with satellite internet the lag time and data caps won't allow for it. I'm sure that sooner or later we will have more options, but not for now.
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post

I've found after opening, you need to let it be a while it loads. clicking on anything right away will lock it. This also case when opening an xml file, wait for the little yellow done, before proceeding.
                            I started HSTouch. Waited five minutes then after 4 clicks of the mouse it crashed. I unintalled HSTouch.

Jim

Comment

I've been running HStouch on Windows since it was released, and I don't intend to stop.

If anything, I'm about to increase the number of Windows-clients. Windows is easier to manage than Android clients in the long run, you don't need alot of complicated apps for different Android versions just to be able to have HStouch running full screen or shut the screen off at night. (But seriously, if anybody knows a fool proof way to do this, let me know. I do have a few Android clients aswell)

I find Windows and the Windows HStouch client excellent on a Intel Computestick or similar. And 24" android clients are rare (or even non-existant).
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                                I've been running HStouch on Windows since it was released, and I don't intend to stop.

If anything, I'm about to increase the number of Windows-clients. Windows is easier to manage than Android clients in the long run, you don't need alot of complicated apps for different Android versions just to be able to have HStouch running full screen or shut the screen off at night. (But seriously, if anybody knows a fool proof way to do this, let me know. I do have a few Android clients aswell)

I find Windows and the Windows HStouch client excellent on a Intel Computestick or similar. And 24" android clients are rare (or even non-existant).
                                Interesting, are you using this with touchscreens or keyboard and mouse?
                                HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X