Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info on what might be new with HS4 Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any info on what might be new with HS4 Touch?

I heavily use HS3 Touch and just purchased my upgrade to HS4 Pro. Any word on improvements to Touch?
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

+1

Having high hopes! 😊

Comment

I hope as well.

Comment

I would set my expectations low about any changes to HS Touch/Designer. My take is that the focus going forward will be on the HS Mobile interface and that little will be done to enhance HS Touch. Just speculation on my part though...
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          I would set my expectations low about any changes to HS Touch/Designer. My take is that the focus going forward will be on the HS Mobile interface and that little will be done to enhance HS Touch. Just speculation on my part though...
          That is my expectation as well.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have high expectations either.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

Comment

I don't have high expectations either. I would have thought HST would be working on HS4 exclusively so that they can release it later this year. IMO, standalone programs such as HSTouch designer, Z-Zeer+, Z-Flash etc would be much lower down the queue for any development (if at all).
              Jon

Comment

I'll be shocked if the designer and client code change at all with the release of HS4!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  I'll be shocked if the designer and client code change at all with the release of HS4!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Agree.
                  -Wade

Comment

Well at the very least I'd like to see the ability to scale the screen of the designer. Perhaps the ability to better utilize auto configured cameras. I'd be happy with that.

I too have high hopes and low expectations.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I have been with Homeseer since the start. There have been constant updates and changes over the years. I have invested a large sum of money over the years in hardware software, plugins etc. I had just purchased one of the ZTroller Zee S2 last month when it was on sale, funny that it did not include the HS4 upgrade, so now I have to pay $49 to upgrade the S2 and more for my HS3 upgrade. Also I don't know if HS3 will continue to work or they will cut access to it thru MyHomeseer or stop supporting it forcing you into HS4. The support has always been through the forum with very little live support which I have always had to do with the plugins and bugs that pop up.
                      Today Alexa, Google, Ring, First Alert and others can do just about anything HS can do at a fraction of the cost. I don't know if I will upgrade my HS3 pro or not. One week is not enough time to make that decision. If I don't upgrade now, will my HS3, HStouch, HSmobile just go by the wayside or will I be able to maintain it to keep running for years to come.

Comment

You’ll be able to maintain it , in the exeption of...if a plugin use an api.. and this hs3 plugin is no more updated ... that means it has the chance to stop working.

at that point... i would replace the plugin with a node red package. But that is me . And here i will go to hs4 .

Comment

wolfe4656 did you contact HomeSeer sales to see if you perhaps qualify for the HS4 free upgrade that they offer when you buy just the software? There is always going to be a risk of buying something and that it get replaced or altered in a way you don't like. Bought a Nest thermostat on sale myself one month before Google was announced as the new owners, or I would have never bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                            I have been with Homeseer since the start. There have been constant updates and changes over the years. I have invested a large sum of money over the years in hardware software, plugins etc. I had just purchased one of the ZTroller Zee S2 last month when it was on sale, funny that it did not include the HS4 upgrade, so now I have to pay $49 to upgrade the S2 and more for my HS3 upgrade. Also I don't know if HS3 will continue to work or they will cut access to it thru MyHomeseer or stop supporting it forcing you into HS4.
                            The Zee S2 upgrade is $20 right now: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...rom-hs3-zee-s2 and as RoChess suggested, I'd contact HS sales to see if they can do more. I doubt that they will cut off access from myHS for those that don't migrate.
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

My mistake your right its $20 for upgrade. I checked my sales slip and it was July 30th right before the sale ended that i got my Zee. I might call them to see if they would do more since its only been 60 days. Over all I guess $69 isn't bad for upgrades. I just don't like being given one week to make a decision on upgrades especially since it has not even been released yet, I feel if you have already purchased prior versions that the introductory upgrade price should stay with you since you are a prior owner until your ready to upgrade. However I will continue working to get my Alexa and Ring to do what Homeseer is doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X